♡ Chapter 1- Are you okay? ♡

~ AR industries

~ Annika

Annika came out of the car and entered her office

Annika came out of the car and entered her office. All started greeting her; she acknowledged it with a nod and a straight face, displaying no emotion.

She went to the cabin, sat in the chair, and started doing her work.

You barely find her distracting from work. But every year, this day is an exception. She was trying to work but got lost in her thoughts. Her trance was broken by the knock on the cabin door.

"Come in " Annika replied.

Aarohi, her PA, entered the cabin and greeted her. Annika acknowledged her with a nod and asked about the schedule.

"Ma'am, you have a meeting before lunch at 11 a.m." She stopped in the middle, finding Annika distracting and not focusing on her words.

She stood silent. She has been working for Annika for 5 years. Over these years, she started to slightly understand her. She respects and admires Annika for her work and knowledge. She knows that there is something significant about this day that makes her workaholic boss distract from her work.Annika came to the real world and asked her to cancel the schedule after lunch.

Aarohi replied with an "Okay ma'am" and left the cabin.

Annika attended her meeting and left the office.

~ AS Mansion

She went to mansion. When she entered the living room, She saw Ajay sitting there and talking to someone on the phone. Ignoring him, she started walking towards the stairs.

"Why did you come home early today?" Ajay asked her, knowing the answer. He hoped she would share it with him.

She didn't reply and looked at him with a straight face. She knows he wants her to stop treating him like a stranger, but she doesn't trust him enough. Only because of a favor done by him in the past, she staying with him.

Letting go of the matter, Ajay asked her to meet him tomorrow evening in study for some important business deal discussion. She gave a nod and went to her room. While Ajay looked on, thinking how to convince her for the deal.

Changing into comfortable clothes, she started checking emails and tried to distract from past thoughts. She tried it till evening. Finding it impossible, she left the mansion, took the car, and started driving towards the beach.

 Finding it impossible, she left the mansion, took the car, and started driving towards the beach

Finding an isolated place, she sat there for hours, watching the tides rise and fall. Just like her emotions.

When nine o'clock rolled around, she was still sitting there at night, oblivious to anything around her.

Wearing a mask on emotions for so long that she has forgotten who she was. It was never an easy task for her; it took so many years of practice. She feels it's protecting her, but what she doesn't know is that it is totally consuming her. It consumed her totally, and she forgot who she was underneath. Only this day her emotions surge through it, making it impossible for her to mask them.

She had few people in her life, who actually cares about her and loves her. Checks her she is okay. She truly feel gratitude towards them but will always resist their care and never accept their love.

In situations like these, she wishes for someone to ask her whether she is okay.

Her thoughts came to a halt when she listened to some masculine voice saying, "Hey, sorry, are you okay?" She felt surprised and turned her head in the direction of the voice. When she looked, his back was facing her; he was wearing a white Kurta, looking dreamy, and playing and running with the other two men on the beach joyfully. She felt strange and somewhat at peace when he asked if she was okay. Brushing her thoughts, she stood up and walked towards the car.

~ Shivaay

"Hey, sorry, are you okay?" Shivaay asked the lady sitting on the shore and facing towards the sea

"Hey, sorry, are you okay?" Shivaay asked the lady sitting on the shore and facing towards the sea. He mistakenly put his feet on her white dupatta. He hit Rudy on his stomach playfully for pushing him, and they started to enjoy themselves while running and playing.

He once again turned back and noticed the same lady walking from her place, facing her back towards him, making it impossible to see her face.

When he came to the beach, he noticed her from a distance, sitting alone and isolated from the world. He doesn't know why he got a mysterious feeling from that.

Brushing his thoughts, he went to Oberoi Mansion with his brothers.

~Oberoi Mansion

He was walking towards his room; in the middle, he stopped listening to the fight and shouts coming from a room. He closed his eyes, feeling angry and frustrated.

Ignoring this, he went to the room and took a shower. Changing into comfortable clothes, he worked till midnight. Closing the laptop, he tried going to sleep. He doesn't know why he remembered the small encounter he had with the lady on the shore. Feeling confused, he ignored those thoughts and fell into slumber.

~ AS mansion

~ Annika

After reaching her room, she took a shower and changed into comfy shorts and tees. She knows she is not going to get sleep without sleeping pills today. She took it and fell into slumber. Her last thought was the fading voice of a man asking her,'You okay?'

 Her last thought was the fading voice of a man asking her,'You okay?'

📝 Authors note
Hello, This is my first fanfiction. Please pardon me for my grammatical mistakes and English. Am not good at it.
Thank you
- ♡ Crescent_Star 🌙