♡ Chapter 39 - Trek ♡

Note- This is Very long chapter with 12000 plus words, so read at your free time ❤️

They stayed in the same position, in silence listening to the chirping of birds, water falls and beautiful nature music, forgetting about time.

" How soulful this nature music is, a serene beauty offered as a gift from the world around us. All we have to do to experience this is take a little pause from our busy lives," Shivaay said with a smile on his face. Annika smiled as she heard Shivaay's words. Little did he know, she found the rhythmic beat of his heart blending beautifully and perfectly with nature's melody, making it the most beautiful music she had ever heard.

Annika noticed the time; it was 3:40 in the evening.

"It's almost 4. We've been sitting here for almost 2 hours?," Annika voiced out her thoughts, moving away from his arms.

"Really? I didn't even realize the time," Shivaay said with a chuckle.

"Come, let's move. We need to arrange our bags for tomorrow and have enough rest," Annika said, getting up. She saw Shivaay sitting in the same place, looking at her with a smile. She raised her eyebrows in question.

"We are leaving something incomplete from here, Anni. Let's complete that one first," Shivaay said, standing up from his place.

"Means?" Annika said in confusion. Without saying anything, Shivaay extended his hand. She looked at his hand and then at him, understanding what he said. Annika put his hand down.

"What?" he asked with confusion.

"This place witnessed you asking me to be your friend before, so give me the chance to ask you the same now," Annika said, forwarding her hand.

"Hey, SSO, can I be your friend?" Annika asked with a soft smile, looking into his eyes with warmth reflecting from her eyes. Shivaay smiled widely and took her hand.

"Of course, Anni. Only a stupid person can deny that," Shivaay said with a chuckle.

"Aren't you a stupid? I thought you were one," Annika said playfully.

"Anni!" he whined like a child, making her chuckle. Annika remembered something and shook his hand like a small kid, making him laugh at that.

"Remember, you did the same the first time? Small kid you are, SSO," Annika said, looking at him with adoration. Shivaay's cheeks turned red, remembering that, making Annika chuckle at his cuteness. She went towards him and hugged him, making him surprised. He smiled warmly at that and hugged her back.

"Thank you, SSO, for asking for the friendship and bringing a new change in my life," Annika said, looking into his eyes and caressing his heart. Shivaay smiled listening to that and held her hand, which is placed on his chest.

"Do you remember I said to you in the same place that you can't even imagine how much happiness your friendship will give me? You can't imagine how much happiness your friendship gave me, Anni. Thank you for accepting my friendship proposal that day," Shivaay said, looking into her eyes with a wide smile. Annika smiled back listening to his words.

"Let's leave now; we need to prepare everything, and you should sleep early too. You didn't have proper sleep last night," Shivaay said, breaking the hug and holding her hand. Annika smiled at that, and they both moved towards the car and settled inside. They listened to music for some time and had random talks about preparation and tomorrow's plans, and reached home. After reaching home, they saw no one in the hall, as the rest were busy with their preparations for tomorrow, so they directly went to their bedroom. They were busy with preparations and other things until dinner time. When dinner time arrived, Annika and Shivaay initially thought of preparing dinner and went to the hall. However, Khanna had already brought food from the hotel for all of them, so they all sat together to eat. Khanna, Vikram, and Megha admired the couple, who were feeding each other and engaging in banter. It seemed like they had forgotten about the other people present; they are busy in their own world. After finishing dinner, Khanna and Vikram retired to their room.