♡ Chapter 26- Day 1 of trip ♡

"Thank you, Annika, for accepting me as your friend," Shivaay said, giving her a heartwarming smile.

The sun bathed the landscape in a golden glow. Shivaay and Annika stood by the falls, staring into each other's eyes. His words merged with the gentle murmur of waterfalls.

It is the new beginning for their relationship. Somewhere, some part of them knows the upcoming journey is going to be a memorable one for both of them. Which they are going to cherish lifelong.

Annika broke the eyelock and looked ahead to avoid his charming smile and the feelings she had at this moment after listening to him calling her name for the first time.

"Let's leave," Annika said without looking at him.

"Ya, let's go," Shivaay replied with a smile, and both started moving.

Annika saw him looking at her with a smile while walking, and she saw there was a rock in front of him, and he was about to step on it as he still continued to look at her.

She stopped immediately and held his hand, making him stop in his tracks. He first looked at her hand, which held his, and then at her face with confusion.

"Look ahead when you are walking, Mr. Oberoi. You are going to step on the rock," Annika scolded with a frown, making him realize what he was doing.

"Sorry," he said, giving her an embarrassed smile while rubbing his neck. Annika looked at him; she always finds him cute when he does that. She immediately scolded herself and looked ahead.

"Now concentrate on your walking," Annika said and started moving, still holding his hand, and Shivaay too started moving with her. She was moving in front, and he was slightly behind her. He saw how securely she was holding his hand in her grip and smiled, looking ahead and concentrating on his walking.

He was the one who was holding her hand before coming here; now she is doing it. He said he doesn't expect anything from her, but he knows that she is going to reciprocate this friendship. Now at this moment is the proof for it.

They both reached the bus; Annika first stepped inside it, and Shivaay followed her. They reached near their seats; Shivaay stood there without moving inside, and Annika looked confused at him, only to realize how she is still holding his hand. She immediately took back her hand, and Shivaay moved towards his window seat and settled with a smile. Annika too settled in her seat.

The bus started moving; it will take 2 more hours to reach Rohtang pass. Both looked at the outside view from the window. Shivaay's smile didn't fade away from the time she accepted his friendship. He leaned on the seat, and he didn't know why nature before him looked more beautiful than before. The cool air touching his skin is making him feel happier; he can feel it from inside. He called her Annika for the first time. By this act, he is feeling like he has unlocked a door to a more personal space between them. When he first time called her Annika today, he felt like some formality weight of calling her 'Ms. Raizadha' melted away and is replaced with a warmth of familiarity. He always finds her name beautiful and powerful. Now he can freely call her with her beautiful name. This simple act holds so much importance to him; it symbolizes not just a change in the way of addressing her but a change in their relationship dynamics too.

Annika looked at him, and she can see a different glow on his face right now. A bright smile is playing on his lips; this type of smile she is seeing for the first time on his face. What he said is right; seeing him, she understood what happiness she has given him. Seeing his reaction after she accepted his friendship is making her heart feel warm and unknowingly turning her soft towards him.

She looked outside, and soon sleep started engulfing her while Shivaay was still seeing outside with the same enthusiasm. He felt some weight on his shoulder and looked side to see Annika who slept on his shoulder.