♡ Chapter 32- Living in the moment? ♡

"I am happy to see you smile, Annika. Your smile makes me happy," he admitted to her with sincerity and a warm smile. Those words warmed her heart, and she gave him a warm smile in return, warming his heart too. Both stared into each other's eyes, welcoming this new change in their relationship.

Annika looked at her hand, which Shivaay was holding, and Shivaay followed her gaze.

"Complete shaking? Can I get my hand back?" Annika asked playfully, teasing Shivaay and making his ears turn red.

"Oh yeah, I forgot in excitement," Shivaay said, taking his hand back and rubbing his neck, making Annika smile at his cuteness.

"It's too cold here. Let's go inside now," Shivaay suggested, changing the topic.

"No, I want to sit here for some more time," she answered.

"Do you want to have espresso?" Shivaay asked her; Annika nodded in agreement.

"I will go and bring it," Shivaay said, getting up from his place.

"I think it's better if we sit inside, Annika. You should not stay outside for too long," Shivaay expressed concern. She felt touched by the care and concern he was showing for her. He took tension with every little thing regarding her, treating her like a delicate doll.

"I am completely fine now, and I want to stay here only for some time," she replied, looking at him.

"Stubborn Annika, you are," Shivaay remarked, shaking his head with a chuckle. She glared at him playfully.

Giving her a smile, he went to bring espresso. He felt very happy seeing a different side of Annika. She asked for friendship, which was unbelievable for him. She gave him a smile, blooming a new sort of happiness in him, something he never experienced before. She teased him and talked to him playfully, revealing an interesting side he didn't know she had. He was really feeling good seeing a different Annika before him. He didn't know what made her change, but he was thankful for the reason behind it.

Annika stared at the mountain view covered with snow from the balcony. After more than a decade, maybe for the first time, she felt the desire to live a little selfish life. For some time, she wanted to live in the moment, to welcome someone's care, and to be carefree and open up with someone. At the moment, she didn't care if it was a good or rational thing to do.

There was some demonic power inside her trying hard to surface and push back the thought of finding happiness. It is trying hard to push her back into the shell of darkness where she built and trained her mind on the idea that finding happiness and being selfish were sins.

Though it was a sin according to her beliefs, couldn't she be a little selfish for a while and commit that sin? She deserved a little part of happiness and some moments to cherish when she took her last breath, right? At that moment in her life, she might remember childhood memories with her family, but if she thought about any particular memory and happiness as an adult, she had nothing much to say. Could she not build a few memories before her time arrived? It was not far now. But what if she became a little selfish and found happiness? Would her mumma, papa, and family hate her for that?

"No, Annika," Shivaay said, bringing her out of her thoughts, surprising her. He was holding her hand and looking at her worriedly.

It's like he listened to her inner thoughts and gave an answer to the question she asked.

Can she consider this as their parents' answer? Because she felt the warmth of her parents from him.

He was saying something to her, opening her fist. As she was lost in thoughts, she didn't listen to his words.