♡Chapter 16- Where she went? ♡

~ AS Mansion

Shivaay left Annika's room and headed towards the hall. He noticed everyone sitting silently, their expressions filled with concern as they looked at Ajay, whose face was buried in his palms. Tej was consoling him.

Approaching Ajay, Shivaay placed a reassuring hand on his shoulder. Ajay removed his hand from his face and glanced toward him.

"Uncle, Annika is okay now. She had her dinner, and she's currently sleeping," he reassured. Ajay looked at him and nodded, composing himself.

A servant approached and informed them that the food was heated and ready for dinner. Upon hearing this, Ajay realized they hadn't eaten, and it was already quite late. They had been waiting for him, and he couldn't let them worry.

"Everyone, please come and have dinner," Ajay requested.

They all started heading towards the dining table.

"Mallika, come and join us," Om invited her.

"No, Om. I have to look after wrapping the decorations. You people go ahead. I'm not a part of the family," Mallika replied, looking at him, tears forming in her eyes.

"Mallika, you are part of the family. You know why I'm saying that," Om assured her.

Shivaay, who observed the scenario, initially got confused about why Om was calling her family. Later, he shrugged off his thoughts, thinking that Om meant as a friend.

"I'm sorry on behalf of Ms. Raizadha. Whatever happened today made her say those things," Shivaay apologized, gaining their attention.

"No, Shivaay. I should be the one to apologize to you. Maybe because of my carelessness, it happened. It was going to fall on you. Thank God it didn't happen," Mallika said, looking worried at him at the thought.

"Thanks to Annika Didi, actually. She's the one who saved Bhaiya, but she got hurt," Rudra said sadly, expressing his gratitude towards her for saving his brother.

Shivaay and Om nodded their heads, agreeing with him, while Mallika didn't show any reaction.

"Now, Mallika, I don't want to hear anything. You are coming, that's it. Come on, give me a smile," Om said, attempting to lighten her mood.

"Okay, I will come," she replied with a smile.

Om and Mallika left for the dining table.

"Why do I feel something's fishy about their bond? Why is Om caring so much for her? He said he met her at a wedding and they became friends. Could they have become such good friends in such a short time? Something is fishy. Om is hiding something from us," Rudra expressed, watching their retreating figures.

"Yes, I feel the same. We'll ask him about it tomorrow," Shivaay agreed with Rudra.

"You too go and have something," Shivaay instructed, and nodding his head, Rudra left for the dining table.

Seated in the hall, Shivaay felt guilt-ridden about what happened today. In the process of saving him, Annika got hurt. He didn't even want to imagine what would have happened if she hadn't escaped in time. The thought stirred an unknown fear within him. Leaning on the sofa, he closed his eyes, he don't want to leave from tonight. He needed to ensure she was completely fine.

As everyone finished their dinner and returned to the hall, Shivaay opened his eyes upon hearing their footsteps. They all settled in the hall, except Mallika, who went to attend to wrapping up the decorations.

"Ajay, I think Shivaay, Om, and Rudra should stay here tonight, just in case of an emergency," Tej suggested.

"No need, Tej. I don't want to bother them," Ajay replied.