♡ Chapter 21 - Blush & Butterflies ? ♡

- Note: It's a long chapter with 7500 plus words. Read at your free time ❤️

~AS Mansion

Annika arrived at AS Mansion and noticed the TV playing with no one around. She headed towards the stairs but stopped, listening to the boy's words playing on the TV.

"I know our marriage proposal started because of the deal, but I don't think it's only about the deal anymore," the boy declared, locking eyes with the girl.

"I too have the same feeling, Rey. I enjoy spending time with you. The little moments we share together make me feel peaceful," the girl responded, smiling at the boy. The two continued gazing at each other with a background melody playing.

Meanwhile, Ajay, who went to bring some popcorn to eat while watching the movie, saw Annika standing near the sofa and looking at the TV with attention. He hid himself behind the stairs, peeping to see what she would do because he had never seen Annika watching movies, especially a romantic one. The sight was unbelievable for him. He took some popcorn from the tub, started eating, and observed her and the TV with interest.

The boy and girl broke the eye lock, and the boy started moving towards the girl, pulling her closer into his arms. One hand snaked around her waist, and the girl blushed, looking away. With his free hand, he lifted the girl's chin and made her look at him.

"What are you feeling now?" the boy asked, giving the girl a charming smile while she blushed.

"I don't know what's happening to me nowadays when I'm around you. Your touch gives me an unknown feeling in my stomach. Do you know what it is?" the girl innocently inquired.

With that question, Annika became more attentive, looking at the screen with concentration. She was curious to know what it is called. Ajay chuckled, looking at Annika's face. She looked like a curious cat to him, and he continued eating his popcorn, enjoying the whole scene.

The boy playfully guessed, "You're feeling like something is flying in your stomach, right?" The girl nodded, pouting.

"I think you're feeling 'butterflies in your stomach.' You know why it's happening, Geet?" the boy teased, leaning towards her ear.

"Because I'm affecting you, Geet. You blush when I'm near, and you feel butterflies in your stomach when I'm close," he huskily whispered.

"Blush and butterflies?" Annika exclaimed aloud.

"Nonsense. Utter nonsense," Annika said, rolling her eyes, and immediately switched off the TV.

Ajay was shocked after seeing her talking to herself and repeating words from the TV. His mouth turned into O shape, but later listening to her calling all those things nonsense made him roll his eyes. But he was still not out of shock.

"His stupid and nonsense talks are not enough that now he is playing stupid movies in this house," Annika said sarcastically.

Ajay, who listened to this, frowned at her, making a grumpy face. Still, he didn't come out of the surprise of seeing her behaving somewhat out of character.

Annika threw the remote on the sofa and turned around to go towards the stairs. Ajay immediately hid himself behind the staircase to avoid getting caught.

Annika left with a small scowl on her face. The stupid things she heard frustrated her. Why the hell did she watch that stupid scene? People nowadays make illogical movies, she thought.

Ajay came out from the hiding spot after making sure she was gone and looked towards the stairs in a daze.

"What was that?" he muttered to himself.