♡ Chapter 10 - Billu ♡

~ Annika

Annika kept staring at his back until he settled into his car and moved out of her sight.

"Why am I feeling not good after seeing that slight hurt in his eyes?" she whispered to herself.

But it was necessary, wasn't it? She didn't want to give him any false hope for the future. Avoiding expectations in this relationship would prevent him from getting hurt. It's better to let him keep his distance. This decision would also give her mind a break from getting messed up with confusing thoughts. She had important matters to deal with now. With that, she silenced her confusing thoughts and headed to the office to continue her work.

~ Shivaay

Avoiding her completely, he opened the back seat door and settled inside the car. Instructing the driver to start driving, his eyes fell on the side-view mirror. He noticed Annika standing and gazing at the car. He continued staring at mirror until he moved away from her office. Was she waiting for him to leave, or was he making wrong assumptions?

He realized that he was still holding the gift bag she had given him; he couldn't be disrespectful by rejecting it. Initially, he considered leaving it in her car, but he couldn't bring himself to do so. Why did he sense some genuineness in her eyes even when she was saying something else? Her behavior was confusing him, causing a headache. With a busy schedule of meetings ahead, he needed to put these thoughts aside. He placed the gift bag beside his seat, then suddenly remembered something and dialed Ajay's number, which he had saved during their morning breakfast.

"Hello, Shivaay," Ajay said from the other side.

"Hello, Uncle. Sorry for calling you late. I just dropped Ms. Raizadha at her office. She mistakenly took a bite of halwa with cashew nuts today, so she wasn't feeling well. However, she took her medicines for that," Shivaay informed, deliberately avoiding mentioning the narrowly escaped potential accident to spare him unnecessary tension.

"Thank God, Shivaay. Annika didn't consume too much of that halwa. Excessive intake of it is life-threatening for her. Thanks to you too, Shivaay, for taking care of her," Ajay expressed his gratitude.

"No need to thank me, Uncle. As I said before, you people are now a part of my family. One request, though - send Ms. Raizadha a driver for an evening drive to her house. She is feeling better now, but why take any risk?" Shivaay suggested.

A smile broke on Ajay's face upon hearing Shivaay's words. Shivaay was indeed a gem, and he truly hoped Annika would consider his proposal.

"Okay, Shivaay. You know your family is very lucky to have you, and now we are too," Ajay said.

"I'm also lucky to have you all, Uncle," Shivaay replied, while Ajay chuckled at the modest boy. Saying their goodbyes, they ended the call, and Shivaay closed his eyes, trying to get some rest.

~ Annika

It was evening, and Annika had finished all her work. Heading towards her car, she noticed her driver waiting nearby. She hadn't called him, so she was puzzled about his presence.

"Mr. Murthy, what are you doing here? I didn't call you to pick me up, right?" Annika inquired.

"Ajay sir called me and asked to pick you up in the evening from the office, ma'am," her driver replied. Ajay called him? But why? Perhaps he thought that she wasn't well, considering Mr. Oberoi's afternoon words, she thought. Settling into the car, she headed towards the mansion, with an important task on her agenda for the evening.

~ AS mansion

She reached the mansion and saw Ajay sitting in the living room, watching TV. Ajay switched it off upon seeing her.