♡ Chapter 17 - A day at her office ♡

Note : Check chapter 16 first before reading it. As i have published both in almost same day, few may miss checking that one.

•••

~ AS Mansion

Both arrived at 5 o'clock in the early morning. Neither of them was in the mood to sleep. Annika closed her eyes, relaxed herself for half an hour, followed her early morning routine, and then headed towards the garden for morning meditation to calm her mind.

After leaving from there, Shivaay tried to calm himself. Although he was angry with her, he couldn't resist the worry he felt for her. The doctor had mentioned it would take a day for her pain to heal completely. Since he was responsible for what had happened, he decided to take care of her until she was okay. Aarohi's words and the incident with the gift she gave him came to his mind. On that day, she had lied about doing a favor, and he wondered if today's actions also had a reason behind them. Reflecting on her inquiries about why he came without security, the way her car followed closely behind his, and her silence after he lifted her in his arms upon arrival—he noticed how she had been staring at him throughout. These thoughts calmed his anger, and he decided to take some fresh air, heading towards the garden. As he strolled through the garden for some time.

When he moved forward, he noticed someone sitting near the fountain with their back facing him. Recognizing it as Annika, he approached. She was in a meditative posture, and something caught his attention.

Her hair was tied in a messy bun, revealing a tattoo on her upper back and lower neck. It was a beautiful sun tattoo that captivated him. Inside the circle of the sun, the letters 'AS' were written. What could 'AS' mean? She is Annika Raizadha, right? He was confused. Although their industry is AR, where the letter 'R' indicates Raizadha, their mansion is AS Mansion. She herself is not a mystery; her belongings and everything about her seem mysterious too, he thought.

Annika completed her meditation, stood up, and turned around to find Shivaay standing there with a smile

Annika completed her meditation, stood up, and turned around to find Shivaay standing there with a smile. Wasn't he was angry with her just an hour ago, she looked at him strangely.

"Reacting to my smiling face shouldn't result in a weird expression, Ms. Raizadha," he chuckled, observing her confusion. His laughter chuckled more as he continued to enjoy her perplexed reaction.

She stared at him. He looked so innocent and beautiful with that smile. She can't resist that smile and divert her gaze.

Seeing her constant gaze, he too looked at her with the smile still playing on his lips. Annika scolded herself for her behavior and broke the eye lock and looked somewhere.

"You seem so enthusiastic early in the morning, Mr. Oberoi?" she asked, raising her eyebrow after composing herself. He didn't say anything, just smiled in response. Despite unconsciously liking his smile, it now irritated her by causing confusion. She was about to leave to avoid it.

"Ms. Raizadha, did you take a day off from the office today?" he asked.

"Why? What's the need for taking a holiday?" she asked, raising her eyebrows.