♡ Chapter 13- Favor? ♡

~ Oberoi Mansion

~ Shivaay

It was early morning, Shivaay's slumber was gently interrupted by the morning sunrays seeping through the curtains. Stirring awake, he followed his daily routine before making his way to the breakfast table.

 Stirring awake, he followed his daily routine before making his way to the breakfast table

He saw his family engrossed in a discussion.

"Good morning, family. What's the important matter that has you all so occupied?" he inquired.

"Billu, we are discussing the venue for the Roka ceremony. Initially, we considered a hotel or restaurant, but later decided to host it at Ajay's home, as we typically go to the bride's place for such occasions. Would that be preferable to you?" Dadi asked him.

"Your wish, Dadi. Anything is okay for me," Shivaay replied.

"Shivaay, the ceremony is at the AS mansion. Om and Rudra are going there to help with tomorrow's preparations, and Ajay has invited all of us for lunch today. I also checked with Mishra about your schedule. You have no meetings today after lunch. Just come directly there. We will start after breakfast," Tej informed.

"Okay, Bade papa. I will be there at lunchtime," Shivaay answered.

"Bhaiya, are you taking leave tomorrow, or will you be going to the office?" Rudra asked, raising his eyebrows.

"Yes, Shivaay, leave work for a few days and enjoy. I don't even want to send you today. Go and enjoy with them; I will go and attend the meeting," Tej suggested.

"No, Bade papa. It's not a problem. I'm already taking leave for tomorrow, and there are no meetings in the afternoon, so I just have one to attend. I will come at lunch time," Shivaay responded.

"Learn from me, Bhaiya. I'm taking a 3-day leave for college," Rudra declared dramatically.

"Today, you help; I get it. And tomorrow is the ceremony, but why the day after tomorrow are you taking leave?" Om asked him sarcastically.

"Come on, O. I'll be tired after the roka; I have to do all people's work," Rudra said, wiping his imaginary sweat from his forehead. All family members rolled their eyes at his drama.

After finishing breakfast, Shivaay headed towards the office, and family members settled in the hall.

"Did you tell the wedding planner to come to the AS mansion?" Tej asked Om.

"Yes, Dad, I messaged Mallika their address. She will reach there by 10. We will go and discuss everything there," Om informed.

"What happened, Maa? What are you thinking?" Jhanvi asked.

"I informed both Pinky and Shakti about this marriage proposal. I asked them to come yesterday too, but they didn't even care to attend. I know Shivaay is not showing it, but he is hurt because of that, Jhanvi," Dadi said, sounding sad.