♡ Chapter 12-Who is he? ♡

~ Oberoi Mansion

He took the packed gift from the gift cover and opened it to find a book of the mystery genre with the title:

'Don't Look for Her.' He read it aloud.

If she gave this gift as a favor, then why did she manage to choose a mystery genre book. He had already told her it's his favorite? If he considers it a coincidence, how could she recall the exact number of people he mentioned in his family? If it's this proposal is merely a deal for her, then why she seems changed the clauses that favor their companies more. These thoughts, recurring and confusing, occupy his mind constantly. She is undoubtedly showing herself differently than who she truly is. Having met her just two days ago, he hasn't seen a smile on her face yet. Not only with others but even with her own uncle, she remains solemn. She is evolving into a mystery that he is eager to unravel. His curious mind is determined to discover who she truly is.

His thoughts came to a halt, listening to Omru's voices. They came to room and settled on the bed, they both are laughting at something and and giving high-five to each other.

"What's the joke, guys? Why are you both laughing?" Shivaay inquired.

"We are laughing looking at you, Bhaiya," Rudra replied.

"At me? But why?" Shivaay asked sarcastically.

"We came here 15 minutes ago, but you seem lost in someone's thoughts," Rudra teased.

"I'm not lost in anyone's thoughts, okay? I'm thinking about my business meeting tomorrow," Shivaay replied, stammering slightly.

"By looking at the book, you're thinking about business, Bhaiya?" Rudra asked, raising his eyebrows.

"Shut up, Rudy. I told you right? , stop your questions now," Shivaay said, avoiding their teasing. Both brothers chuckled at that.

"Om, I can understand that Rudy is stupid, but since when did you join him in his stupidity?" Shivaay questioned, raising his eyebrows. He didn't expect Om to participate in this teasing session, knowing Shivaay's thoughts about the marriage proposal. Despite expressing that he would give the proposal a chance, they had met just two days ago, and they weren't even friends to be teased in such a manner.

"Since I noticed that you and Annika are getting lost in each other's eyes, right, Rudy?" Om said, giving a high-five to Rudy.

"But seriously, Shivaay, I'm happy for you. I don't know if you two are aware of it or not, but there's already a connection starting between you both. We all can see that," Om said with a warm smile.

"Nothing like that, Om. As I've already told you, I'll give this relationship a chance. I'll be loyal, responsible, and truthful in this relationship. There's nothing more I can give or want. Connections, feelings, love - they're all just myths, which I don't believe in at all," Shivaay declared, looking at Om.