♡ Chapter 34 - His Favourite Melody ♡

" Where are you, Annika, " He whispered with worry, running outside and praying to find her anywhere near. He is literally so scared right now after finding Khanna too doesn't know about her whereabouts.

He called her mobile, but it was switched off; his heart raced with worry. He ran further, scanning the surroundings. It was a one-way route leading to various shops. Finally, he spotted a figure standing outside a shop, engaged in conversation. Though she was at a distance, he identified her as Annika, and relief washed through his veins. He shouted her name, but his voice didn't reach her. Running as fast as he could, he reached her in no time.

"Annika!" He shouted, gaining everyone's attention. Annika who was busy taking a bag from the shop, recognized Shivaay's voice and looked in his direction. Seeing him rushing towards her, she was shocked. His hair and clothes were disheveled, and he wasn't even wearing shoes or slippers-just socks. He was breathing fast from running. She quickly ran towards him.

When he reached her, he held her shoulders and started checking her hands, face, and everything for injuries, making sure she was fine

"Calm down," Annika said, holding his hand, looking at his panicked state. She was surprised and concerned.

He removed her hand, took her in a tight hug, and held her closely, calming his heartbeat.

"Shh, calm down," Annika whispered, enveloping him in a comforting hug and gently rubbing his back soothingly, sensing his heartbeat pace.

"Thank god. You are safe," he mumbled the same words, nuzzling into her hair. Annika continued to rub his back, asking him to calm down softly. She sensed him calming down after a few minutes.

"I'm fine. Sit first. You're breathing fast," Annika suggested, attempting to loosen the embrace. However, Shivaay held onto her tighter, ignoring her words. Seeing him not listening, Annika stayed in the hug, rubbing and patting his back softly.

They didn't care about the people who were looking at them. At that moment, all that mattered was reassuring each other's well-being.

"Bring one chair and a water bottle," Annika said to the shop owner, who was staring at them. With her authoritative voice, the shop owner directed other workers to get both.

"Quickly," Annika shouted at them, attempting to break the hug. However, Shivaay tightened his hold, finding solace in her arms and he was ensuring she was completely okay without any injuries, unlike last time.

"You sit first," Annika insisted, forcefully breaking the hug after a few minutes. He stood there, gazing at her face. Seeing him reluctant to move, she compelled him to sit on the chair and took the water bottle from the owner. Opening the bottle cap, she held it in front of his mouth.

"Drink it," Annika said, holding the bottle in front of his mouth. Shivaay slowly opened his mouth, and she saw him drinking in a trance. Judging by his demeanor, she realized he might be in a similar state when he arrived.