♡ Chapter 35- Promise ♡

Annika squealed in surprise and erupted into laughter which captured Shivaay's attention. He stopped twirling her and stood frozen. He was so captivated by the captivating melody of her laughter. He was lost in that beautiful sound. Just by listening to it for once, it became his favorite melody. He wanted to hear it again and again, and he was sure it would never get old; instead, he would always want to listen more of that beautiful laughter forever. This moment and her laughter will be forever etched on his heart.

He dropped her at her feet and turned her around, but what he saw made him worried. Annika stood there just like a stone. Her face looked void, there were no expressions on her face right now. She seems lost in thoughts.

"Anni," he called her, holding her shoulders, which gained her attention. She looked at him with the same expression, making him more worried.

"What happened, Anni?" he asked her in a soothing tone, looking at her in worry.

"After more than a decade, I found myself laughing for the first time," Annika voiced out her thoughts.

"Is it okay? To laugh? I mean, I am feeling confused right now," Annika looked at him with innocent eyes. Shivaay looked into her eyes and noticed her internal conflict. That question made his heart ache. He took her in a hug, and he noticed Annika didn't hug him back this time.

Annika composed herself after realizing what she said.

"Am sorry. I just blabbered something," Annika said patting his back and tried to break the hug, but Shivaay didn't let her and increased the hold on her protectively.

"No Anni, don't hide. I know you are having internal conflict right now. Please, I request you. Don't hide your feelings from me. Letting our thoughts out will make us feel lighter. Your friend is here to listen to you. If you feel comfortable, please share it with me," Shivaay said caressing her hair. Annika hugged him back listening to his words and leaned her head on his shoulder.

"I shouldn't have laughed right? Do I have the right to laugh after whatever has happened? How can I laugh? I feel like I am committing a sin," Annika whispered last words closing her eyes. She doesn't care that she is sharing something from her past with him right now because doing that is feeling natural to her and it's making her feel lighter. She doesn't know if he understands those words or not because they are confusing her too, but she knows he doesn't judge her and doesn't ask questions and accepts her the way she is. Shivaay closed his eyes in pain; his heart is aching right now after listening to her questions. He can't even imagine what she has gone through. Such questions arise only when we have faced something grave in the past. He increased his hold on her.

"It's okay Anni, It's okay to laugh, You should laugh and you have every right okay! You know Why?" he asked looking at her. Annika lifted her head from the shoulder and looked into his eyes.

"Why?" she asked like a baby making him smile warmly.

"Because your laughter makes someone happiest and it is so precious to someone. Do you want to know who it is?," he said giving her a wide smile caressing her hair softly.

"Who?" she asked with a small smile knowing the answer.

"It's me, For me it is so precious. You really made me happiest today with your laughter," Shivaay said giving her a brighter smile; he had thin layers of tears in his eyes.

"I don't like tears in your eyes, send them inside," Annika said with a frown rubbing his side eyes softly, Shivaay chuckled listening to her. It didn't even fall from his eyes but still she is rubbing there.

"I don't know how to send it back," Shivaay said with a chuckle after listening to her words.

"Then find a way because I don't like it," Annika said with a frown.