41-45

side.
  Seeing three zombies rushing toward Lan Zi, Ji An, and Ji Le at the entrance of the corridor, Xia Chenshu was about to turn around and shoot when a thin figure suddenly emerged from the corridor.
  "Ah!" He hit one of the zombies with the backpack in his hand.
  He was very fast, but he was not strong enough. His backpack knocked the zombie to the ground, but the zombie quickly got up.
  "Hold him down!" Someone rushed out from the corridor.
  Two people held the zombie down with their backpacks, while the others beat the zombie hard with sticks, boards, knives and hammers they picked up from upstairs.
  "Hit the head!" someone yelled.
  Their attacks were messy and chaotic, but they were indeed effective. The zombie's head was quickly broken and it stopped moving.
  "Ah!" A zombie pounced on the boy who rushed out first.
  "Go on!" Xia Chenshu shouted, holding his hand. The gun was thrown at him.
  The boy stepped back and hurriedly caught it. He held the gun with both hands, closed his eyes and fired two "bang bang" shots at the face that was in front of him.
  The zombie fell down and fell into his arms, knocking him staggering as he was already retreating.
  "Ugh..." Standing still, seeing the liquid on his body and the body lying at his feet, the boy whimpered as if he wanted to vomit.
  "Don't waste bullets!" Xia Chenshu shouted while opening his backpack and taking out a gun, throwing it towards a relatively calm person in the crowd.
  They had found a total of six guns from the village before, one for each person and one more. Bald Tou and Wu Yao took away three and there were three left, plus his hand. There are four guns in total.
  The gun in his backpack originally belonged to Ji Yanqing, but Ji Yanqing was not used to using guns.
  The boy got up from the ground. He held the gun with both hands and tried to be as calm as possible in the panic. He tremblingly pointed the gun at the zombies around him.
  The same goes for another man who got a gun.
  Several other people without guns gathered in a group and worked together to deal with a zombie.
  The scene was extremely chaotic for a while, with screams, cries, and roars mixed together. Also mixed into it was the smell of blood, gunpowder, and the stench of zombies.
  "Bang!" The sound of something heavy hitting the glass showcase sounded in the chaos, and everyone instinctively looked in the direction of the sound.
  Ji Yanqing's body and forehead were covered with blood. The goggles he originally wore on his face fell off, but there was no fear in his eyes. Those eyes that should have been clear and transparent were now filled with blood and cold murderous intent.
  With his own strength, he forced the awakened zombie to retreat into a hardware store on one side.
  Ji Yan was slightly injured, and the awakened zombie was not much better than him. One of his hands was injured, one of his feet was broken, and there were also wounds on his back and tail.
  Ji Yan stepped lightly on the glass on the ground and walked into the hardware store.
  Seeing this scene, everyone who was in panic was lifted up and they saw hope.
  If Ji Yanqing can really deal with the awakened zombie, then they will still have a chance to escape. They don't have to die...
  "Don't let them get close!" Xia Chenshu shouted.
  Everyone recovered from the shock and looked at the ordinary zombies on the street.
  Alarmed by the sound, many zombies turned their attention to the hardware store.
  A screaming group of cornered men rushed toward them, and there was no way they were going to let them into the hardware store.
  "Xia Chenshu..."
  Xia Chenshu was about to step forward when Lan Zi's already very weak voice came.
  Xia Chenshu looked back. Lan Zi, whose face was covered in cold sweat with pain and his lips were pale, looked at the roof opposite them to their left in horror.
  Xia Chenshu suddenly had a bad feeling in his heart, and he suddenly looked back.
  Sure enough, on the rooftop opposite, an awakened zombie was climbing down from the wall.
  One was enough for them, but one more...
  The hope that Xia Chenshu had finally ignited in his heart was extinguished the moment he saw the awakened zombie.
  "Bang!" A sound came from the hardware store, and the sound of Ji Yan's light ax hitting the wall was heard.
  The awakened zombie on the wall looked towards the hardware store below.
  Xia Chenshu's pupils shrank suddenly. His heartbeat had already reached the limit. His body reacted before his brain. He raised his gun and shot the zombie in the head.
  "Bang!"
  The bullet accurately hit the temple of the awakened zombie. However, he was not headshot, only the scales on his temple were blown away.
  The awakened zombie stopped crawling towards the hardware store and looked up at Xia Chenshu sinisterly. When he met such a pair of inhuman yet vicious eyes, the corner of Xia Chenshu's mouth twitched.
  He took a deep breath, "What are you looking at? I haven't seen your father?"
  The awakened zombie seemed to understand Xia Chenshu's words, and his inhuman eyes became more and more malicious. He gave up going to the hardware store and quickly climbed on the wall. He took a few steps towards Xia Chenshu.
  He was extremely fast. Xia Chenshu had been on guard for a long time but still couldn't keep up with his speed. Seeing that he had rushed in front of him, Xia Chenshu's mind went blank.