Spotted

It was a crowded Saturday in the town square of Jeju. The weather was indeed a perfect time to go out and take a walk around the park. As the changeover from summer to fall was happening, it wasn't hot and not too cold either. Maybe that was why people were buzzing in the town square to get some weekend fresh air after a long week.

Kala was still busy tuning and adjusting her guitar on the bench in front of a cafe. The weekend was the busking day, so she was already in the town square since 11. Her guitar bag was open near her feet, ready to take in people's pennies. Her grandma said she needed a new bag as it already had several rips here and there, but she didn't have enough money yet to buy a new one.

After the guitar was all set, Kala took out her school notebook which was filled with scribbles of songs that she wrote during Mr. Choi's class yesterday. She hummed the song and did a revision on some parts. 

"I guess this will do," Kala mumbled and placed her guitar on her lap. She looked around the busy town square and cleared her throat before started singing.

The first song managed to catch the attention of people who were enjoying their leisure time in the town square. They gathered around Kala and formed a semicircle to watch her. She could hear some of them clap as she proceeded to the second song.

After the song was finished, Kala smiled and bowed while saying thank you to the audience who gave her some tips. Some people left to get on with their day, but some also stayed for the next song.

Kala was fixing the tuning of her guitar when a woman approached her and dropped 1,000 won in her guitar bag. "That was great. You have a wonderful voice."

Looking up from her guitar, Kala smiled brightly and bowed at the woman. "Thank you."

"Did you write those songs?" the woman asked while crossing her arms over her chest.

"Yeah, they're a short one tho. I'm still learning."

"They're good," she complimented. Kala bowed and said thank you again. "Can I ask your age?"

"I'm 13," Kala answered automatically, forgetting the fact that she was talking to a stranger.

"13? Wow." The woman nodded, almost like approving something. "Can you sing another song?"

"Sure, I was about to anyway."

"Great, let's hear it."

The crowd clapped for Kala once again and threw the tips in. The woman from earlier was no exception. She clapped her hands while nodding, looking pleased by Kala's performance.

As the people started leaving, the woman finally had a chance to talk to Kala more. "You have a talent, kid. Tell you what," she pulled out a flyer and gave it to Kala, "I'm from JYPE, surely you know what is it, right?"

Kala's eyes widened. She turned her gaze from the given flyer and nodded. "One of the Big 3 agencies," she replied. "You guys are having an audition?"

"That's right, but it will be held in Seoul. You should try tho. Would such a waste if you don't pursue your musical talents." The woman gave Kala an encouraging smile that made her couldn't say no. Even if there was a possibility of fraud.

"I should ask my grandma first."

"Of course. Take your time. The audition is next week."

Kala looked down at the flyer that read 'JYP Open Audition' and back at the woman, smiling, "Thank you for letting me know, Ma'am."

"Please don't call me 'ma'am'." The woman grimaced at that. "Call me Sora Eonnie instead."