Two Kids Room: Bang Chan X Kala

"Welcome. Your first time with Bangchan?"

Kala made the sound of BTS's 'Dope' intro melody and acted like she was lifting the camera. "Ayo ladies and gentlemen."

The room was bursting with laughter from the two before Kala finally sat cross-legged beside Chan on the couch. Hugging one of the big pillows to her chest, she unwrapped the lollipop and shoved it into her mouth.

"It always makes me wonder how I never saw you until that day when we first met," Chan began the conversation, taking the lollipop Kala gave him from the small table in front of them.

"I told you, I'm good at being invisible to people."

"What are you, a chameleon?"

"I'm actually a hybrid."

A chuckle bubbled from his lips, then he sighed. "I think it was fate."

"What was?" She stored her lollipop in the right side of her mouth and grabbed the tube chip. "Our meeting?"

"Hmm," Chan hummed in affirmation.

Kala started digging on the chips and offered it to Chan. "Why is that?"

"Think about it," Chan took the snack from her hand, enjoying it while kept talking, "you were in the vocal practice room almost every day, but I never saw you since you joined JYPE even though my studio is on the same floor, and I always, always, came to my studio." He handed the chips back to Kala when she asked for it. "You know how sometimes you can hear someone's singing on that floor because the rooms aren't that soundproof, right?" Kala nodded, a mouth full of chips and answering with a muffled 'right, right' "I usually don't really pay attention to them and just keep walking because it was something I heard every day, so I used to it. But at that time, when I wanted to go to my studio to finish some songs, I heard your singing and it was just..."

"I was good, right?" she joked, but he replied with a serious response,

"You were amazing." Chan watched as Kala grinned brightly at him. "It wasn't once or twice I heard some trainees talking about this JYPE's secret weapon girl. That day I understood why they were calling you that."

There was a moment of silence before Kala spoke again, "It was kinda uncomfortable to be called such a title."

Taking out the lollipop from his mouth, Chan pointed it to Kala. "You felt burdened, didn't you?"

"Exactly," Kala agreed, her forehead creasing. "The others are also so talented, why me?"

"I think because you didn't stand out much from the others. You were secluded among them like a hidden gem. So when you showed your talents, they didn't expect that from you," Chan stated his mind without even the tiniest sliver of doubt. "Just like an ace that ends the game."

A twinkle shone in Kala's eyes as she smiled. "Is that why you chose me?"

"It's one of the reasons." Chan took a small bite of his lollipop. "What about you? What made you finally decide to accept my offer to join?"

"It was my grandma," Kala replied, recalling what her grandma said to her when she was contemplating a life-changing decision. "She made me realize the risks of joining the group that was supposed to be just all boys would be worth the moments I'll share with all of you."

Admiration overtook Chan's face accompanied by hands clapping. "Your grandma is so cool. I want to be her grandchild too."

Kala laughed, "She already considers you as one."

"Really?"

"Mhm," she nodded. "You might not know this but she trusts you a lot."

Acknowledging the new piece of fact, Chan was touched, which made him mumble a thank you and bow to the camera, acting like it was Kala's Grandma. "You also say that to me many times, that you trust me with your life," he addressed to the younger girl. "When you said that, I swear I would fight the world if I had to."

"Oooh~ You sound like those male leads from K-drama," Kala chimed while Chan waggled his eyebrows smugly. She cackled and continued, "I don't know... My instinct tells me to trust you and it never goes wrong so far. I always try to handle everything by myself, but when it comes to you, I can't help but depend on you so much."

"That's what I want, you and the boys to rely on me."

"But you know you can rely on us too, right?" Kala asked the leader, carried with a demanding tone. "Right?"

Chan laughed at the mixing of angry and concerned expressions on her face. "Of course I know that, but I always tend to think of the people around me first."

"You're also important," Kala argued sternly that it came out more like a scolding.

"I know, Kalie."

"Promise me you won't keep all the struggle to yourself."

"I promise," Chan completely surrendered, making Kala nod in satisfied with the response. He observed as she shoved chips into her mouth with the lollipop still inside of it. "How can you eat a lollipop and chips at the same time?"

"It's a life balance."

﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌✎

✉ Chan to Kala:

Uri gongjunim Kalie, I always like to think our first meeting is a serendipity. There's a reason why my feet stopped to make me listen to your singing that day. Having you in Stray Kids is a blessing. Thank you for always putting your trust in me. Please keep relying on me for the times ahead, I'm gonna take good care of you. Love you~

✉ Kala to Chan:

Channie oppa, accepting your offer is one of the best decisions I've ever made and one that I won't regret. Thank you for giving me this family, I'm forever grateful for your existence in my life. You will always be my safe place. Just know when you're being unkind to yourself, I'll make sure to be the one who look after you.