Dorm mate

After receiving the call two days ago that she passed the audition just like what Aesung said, Kala finally moved to the trainees' dorm. She'd been living in Sora's apartment who had been nothing but nice to her for the past four weeks. Sora didn't even ask for anything in return except a promise that she would do her best as a trainee.

Kala only had one backpack and a guitar bag that she carried with her from Jeju. She didn't expect to be in Seoul for more than a week. Kala originally only planned to stay for 2-3 days in Seoul, so she didn't pack much, just the essentials. But then Sora said the results would be informed at least a week after the audition and she could immediately move into the trainees' dorm. Thus, she didn't have to return to Jeju and could save some money.

Grandma Mikyung was having a hard time letting Kala do that, almost bought a plane ticket and flew to Seoul when Kala said she wasn't going back. She called her granddaughter every three hours to make sure of her well-being and whether she ate well.

"12, 12, 12," Kala mumbled the apartment number that Sora told her would be her unit. The woman herself was walking with her on the right side.

"It's a small one, so don't expect much, yeah?" Sora warned lightly.

Kala nodded and smiled. "I'm sure it's more than enough for me."

Sora smiled back at the younger girl. One thing she learned from living with Kala for a month was this girl is so well-behaved. Despite her tough, like-boy appearance, she's so soft-spoken and has the biggest heart. "There were initially 2 trainee girls living there, but one of them left a few days ago, so you'll be the new dorm mate."

"Right," Kala replied. "So what's my dorm mate's name?"

"Why don't you find out yourself?" Sora stopped and pointed at the door to Kala's left with her chin.

Kala also stopped her feet and turned her body to the door that had the number 12 on it. Before ringing the bell, she inhaled and exhaled first to calm down her nerves. She always felt anxious when meeting new people. Fortunately, it was just one person this time.

As Kala relaxed a bit, she pressed the apartment bell.

They didn't wait long for the door to open and a girl with shoulder-length hair appeared behind it. She wore an oversized grey T-shirt and black shorts, looking like she just woke up judging by her messy hair and squinting eyes.

Kala immediately bowed to her and greeted her, "Annyeonghaseyo."

"Oh, annyeonghaseyo." The girl bowed back to Kala while fixing her hair and bowed again to Sora. "I'm sorry, I just woke up. You must be my new dorm mate, right?"

"Yes. I'm... I'm Ryu Kala," she stuttered a little.

The girl's eyes widened, then she grinned widely. "I'm Ryu too! Well, Shin Ryujin to be exact. You can call me Ryujin."

"Nice to meet you, Ryujin. You can call me Kala," Kala smiled and bowed again. "Jal butakdeurimnida¹." (¹Please take good care of me)

"Ey." Ryujin bowed back. "Of course. Looking forward to being your dorm mate."