The Cat Boy

A few meters left for Kala to reach the JYPE building. She had just gotten back from school, carrying her guitar bag in her hand. Today's training didn't even start yet but she already felt exhausted. Mainly because the last subject was math and she hated everything about math. 

She still went to a regular school in the midst of being a trainee in case her luck in the music industry wasn't good news. But she sometimes regretted that decision. Maybe a singer was the perfect choice for her career.

Kala was humming 'Spring Day' by BTS while having her earphones plugged into both of her ears until she saw two cats right in front of the building.

"Cats!" she yelled whispering. "I'm coming, my children."

Kala was about to open her bag and take out the cat food she always brought when she also noticed a boy playing with the two cats. Her steps immediately stopped from approaching them. She really wanted to feed the cats, but she didn't want to have a conversation with that stranger. The social energy she had wasn't much left.

After debating with herself whether she should approach the cats and the boy or ignore them and continue to enter the JYPE building, Kala decided to just use her remaining social energy and walk to them while taking off her earphones.

"E-excuse me," Kala began, getting the boy's attention as he looked up to her. "I got a cat food here, can I feed them?"

"Oh, of course." The boy stopped playing with the stick he got from nowhere and stepped aside, making space for Kala to join him and the cats.

Kala placed her guitar bag beside her and squatted. As she proceeded to open the bottle where she kept the cat food, the boy asked her a question upon noticing her guitar bag.

"Are you a trainee in here?"

Kala gazed at him and nodded. "Yeah."

"Me too. But I'm quite new," the boy said while watching Kala's hand feed the cat.

"Ah, really? How new?"

"About... a month?" the boy replied, patting the cat's head.

"It's pretty recent."

"Mhm. What about you?"

Kala counted her time in JYPE in her head while rubbing the other cat's belly. "It's my second year."

"Oohh~ so you're a sunbae," he concluded in a teasing tone.

Kala shrugged. "Call me sunbaenim," she joked with a confidence she didn't know she had.

The boy laughed and bowed playfully to her. "Ye, sunbaenimJal butakdeurimnida."

Kala chuckled and then they both laughed together because of the silly act.

"My name is Minho, by the way. Lee Minho." Minho stretched out his full-of-cat's-fur hand to Kala.

Then she accepted it with the same full-of-cat's-fur hand. "I'm Ryu Kala."