Seungmin's Struggle

Today Seungmin didn't cry anymore. He had drained his tears on the filming set yesterday. But this morning, instead of being relieved for already letting out his sadness, he carried a more horrendous feeling when he saw Minho's empty bed. The fact that Minho really left them made him so quiet the whole day. He rarely talked and responded to the conversation. Most of the time he just being there, dejected.

That was until Kala decided to invite Seungmin for a night walk to the usual park after dinner. The older boy still had that gloomy face from the moment he woke up, and being a good friend who also experienced the same state, Kala wanted to do something to let him know that he wasn't alone and that they would get through this together.

In their hands, there was already a blueberry yogurt that they brought from the dorm. Seungmin hadn't uttered a single word since they claimed a seat on the usual swings at the playground area. He was just licking his yogurt in a dull mood while barely moving the swing. A few woeful sighs came out of him several times, making Kala unconsciously do the same. At some second, they breathed out in unison.

"Oppa, are you still upset about the elimination?" Kala questioned, mixing her yogurt aimlessly.

"Yeah..." Seungmin trailed off.

"Same..."

Then they back into the quietness of the night. Finishing their yogurt in peace without talking. At this rate, a comfortable silence was their regular thing.

"But you know, oppa, Channie Oppa promised it'll get better," Kala continued the earlier topic, looking up at the dark sky filled with stars. "And Hyunjin Oppa even told me not to hesitate to talk to the members about it."

Seungmin slowly raised his head from the long hang down. He gazed at Kala next to him, smiling slightly. "That was an improvement of him to say that to you."

Kala chuckled. "Jisung Oppa said the exact same thing." She shifted her eyes from the sky and focused on Seungmin. "What I'm trying to say is, we surely feel awful after the elimination, but at least we're not alone. The other members also go through the same thing. And in a hard time like this, we should become each others' strength, don't you think?" she pointed out. "So, Seungmin Oppa, talk to me, okay? Talk to the members too. Don't be the only one hurting."

And with that, Seungmin's wall of sorrow fell apart once more that night.