Kala's Breakdown

It hadn't even a halfway home yet when the rain began to pour. Kala who was trying her hardest not to cry in public was rather glad that she could wail all she wanted without attracting too much attention now. She burst out all of her tears in no time, there was no such thing as holding back anymore.

If this was what it seemed, did it mean the universe was in her favor or not?

Letting Minho go today was something that would never cross Kala's mind. She always pictured all nine of them were going to debut together, no one would be left behind. Then again, it was called a survival show for a reason. In the end, once more, the only one to blame was her high expectations.

As soon as they finished filming the survival show hours ago, Kala went straight to the women's toilet so the other members wouldn't try to find her there. She needed some time alone to calm down her sentiments. It was too overwhelming for her that her entire self demanded a quiet moment.

One of the staff told Kala that the members were looking for her when she finally came out, still feeling awful but at least her insanity didn't drop too much. She just said thank you and bowed to the staff then walked home, not intending to meet the boys first who were worried sick about her because if she saw one of them, she wasn't sure she wouldn't break down again.

Kala was sobbing all the way back to the dorm. Her whole body was already wet and shivering. The rain was getting heavier, causing the street to be empty as people preferred to take shelter inside the building. But for Kala, it was much better this way; bawling hard, under the rain, soaking, by herself, thinking about Minho, and how nice it would be if his elimination was just a gimmick.

Much to Kala's dismay, it was as real as ever, and she crying solo in the middle of the rain like this was the living proof of that event.

But only if she knew that she wasn't exactly alone that time.

A few feet behind her, this person followed her every step, also drenching from head to toe. Since he saw Kala exiting the toilet after spending more than two hours there, he wanted to make sure she was okay without disturbing her personal space, so he decided to tail her in silence, just watching her back and listening to her sob until she reached her unit safe and sound.