Bonding With Jisung

[This is a compilation chapter. The scenes below either happened before the survival show or during the survival show]

"Kala, Chan Hyung said you like 'Harry Potter'," Jisung brought up when they were taking a break and waiting for their lunch order to arrive. He settled himself on the floor next to her who sat against the wall.

"That's right!" Kala excitedly answered. It was very easy to bring out her chaotic side, just say 'Harry Potter' and you already have her whole attention.

"Me too!" Jisung beamed. "What's your house?"

"I'm in Hufflepuff."

"Oohh~ nice people~"

Kala posed in pride. "What's yours?"

"Gryffindor." Jisung winked like it was the coolest thing he had ever said.

"Oohh~ brave people~"

Jisung puffed out his chest with honor. They laughed in their own little world.

"Hey, we should rewatch it together sometime," he suggested, nudging Kala's shoulder softly.

It was surely an instant nod to Kala. "I'd like that!"

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───

"Sung Oppa, where are we going?" Kala asked, following Jisung's steps who was dragging her by her hand.

"You said you want my help to improve your rap. I found a perfect place for us to practice," Jisung replied as was.

Because the trainees lived in the same apartment building, Jisung initiatively picked up Kala at her unit and took her out in the middle of the night. Well, not really out, they were still inside the building, passing the elevator and walking to the door that led them to the emergency exit.

"Tada~" Jisung extended his arms forward, presenting the egress stairs grandly.

"Here?" Kala gazed at him in doubt.

"Yeah, not bad, right? It's quiet and has this amazing echo effect."

Kala looked around, nodding approvingly. "I guess you're right."

"Of course I am," Jisung boasted. "C'mon, let's practice." He took Kala's hand again and sat her down on one of the steps.

Starting from that day, they always went to the egress stairs in the middle of the night for Han Jisung's Rap Class.

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───

Jisung and Hyunjin had an argument again. This time they were insulting each other to do better in rap for Hyunjin and dance for Jisung.

Kala sighed tiredly listening to the two. She was exhausted after practicing for five hours, but instead of getting a good rest during break time in peace, she had to face this situation, again.

"You two are so childish," Kala muttered, loud enough to be heard by all the members.

They were taken aback at the rude words that came out from their soft-spoken girl. For some of them, it was the first experience. But for Seungmin who had witnessed Kala's beast mode before wasn't so surprised. He just smirked and decided to step between the rap-better-dance-better duo. He grabbed Hyunjin's arm and got him away from Jisung, letting Kala handle the other boy. 

Kala drew closer to Jisung, already having him shaking at the hardened face. "Ji Oppa, why are you like this?" she began sternly. "You are two years older than me yet you act like the opposite." 

Jisung hung his head low. He felt like a small hamster who was being scolded by his owner for biting and ripping her favorite book.

"I don't like this side of you. You two could've discussed it nicely, why yelling at each other? The members here are tired already from practicing, don't make us deal with your immature quarrel too."

It also wasn't the first time for Chan, but he still had to recover from his shock at the rise of the beast mode Kala. He clapped his hands, impressed. She handled Jisung's stubborn ass better than him.

Meanwhile, the other members made sure to take note to not mess up with her.

"Sorry, Yu. I'll do better, I promise," Jisung mumbled, still lowering his eyes to the floor, scared of Kala's glare.

"No, don't say it to me. Say that to Hyunjin Oppa and make up."

On the other side of the room, Hyunjin was glad he wasn't the one who was being scolded directly by the younger girl because he'd also be trembling. But he seemed to forget that he had Seungmin next to him who then handed Hyunjin a bottle of water and remarked, "Here, you should cool down your ego too and grow up."

After scolding Jisung and he admitted his mistake, Kala immediately felt bad and apologized for being too harsh. They then hugged each other and joked around again while having lunch like nothing happened.

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───

Kala was in Chan's studio to learn more about music production with the leader when Jisung came and plopped himself beside her on the couch.

"Yuuu, I'm so tired," Jisung whined and placed his head on Kala's lap.

"You weren't getting so much sleep again, were you?" she interrogated.

"I slept enough."

"How long?"

"Three hours."

Kala shook her head, not liking the answer. "You and Channie Oppa need to stop doing that."

"Hey, at least I improved from the other night," Chan defended himself when he was dragged. "I slept three hours and a half."

The younger girl sighed at the miserable attempt.

Jisung kept silent and closed his eyes in pleasure when he felt Kala's fingers combing his hair soothingly.

"Listen to this little sister of yours for once. It wasn't good for your health," she continued ranting. "You two should sleep early tonight."

As Kala rumbled on about the harms of sleep deprivation while brushing Jisung's hair, he sensed himself drifting to slumber. "Yeah, maybe I should."