Sunset Talk

The late afternoon breeze hit the two teenagers' faces so gently, almost felt like it lulled them to sleep. Without a doubt, the autumn air was the best to enjoy while taking a leisurely walk around the neighborhood. It was so calming to say the least. Perhaps that was why Felix asked Kala to go with him to Han River when they ran into each other earlier in the company. The meeting was a pure coincidence as he just finished his Korean class and she simply wanted to hang out at the trainee lounge which was on the same floor.

Felix thought inviting Kala for a stroll would be a great idea because he remembered the members told him that she became so quiet after his elimination. Sure she was rather not a very talkative person, but this was something different, and not in a good way.

But from what Felix could see from his naked eyes, Kala seemed fine now, she'd got the hang of it eventually. He was glad she wasn't putting herself in the dark pit of depression for a long period, moreover if he was the reason for it.

At the Han River side, they took a seat on the top of the stairs, directly facing the view of the famous river in Seoul. Wind blowing their hair as they watched the sun start to set down, making a beautiful color splash of orange, purple, and blue on the large canvas called sky.

They had been talking about many things since the walk from the company—how are you doing, it's so good to see you again, I missed you, are you doing well with the others, how's the member, have you been practicing a lot, how was your Korean lesson, you can come and see me if you have a hard time with your Korean.

And in those exchange conversations, Kala didn't miss her opportunity to say sorry over and over again that Felix had lost count of it. She somehow still pondered about the scenario of the things she should've done so he could stay with them.

"Kala-ya, you've done more than enough. You helped me so much. I don't think I could survive for that long without you, so don't ever think about blaming yourself," Felix refuted Kala's claims almost immediately, leaving no gap for her to dodge. "Some things happened for a reason, you know, whether it was for good or bad. Either way, there's always one or two things that we can learn from them."

A faint smile pulled at Kala's lips. Her gaze settled on the remaining shape of the sun departing from the sky to shine on the other side of the world. "I guess you're right," she murmured. "I grew so attached to all of you that it's just hard to let go. But maybe this would teach me not to dwell so much on separation, because in the end, people come and go."

He nodded agreeing, shining a reassuring smile in her direction. "It'll be okay, Kala. This too shall pass."