Kala Meets Chan's Mother

"You must be Kala," was the first thing Chan's mother said when Chan introduced the members to his parents.

"Yes, Ma'am." Kala tugged a smile at the woman in front of her who looked so delightful seeing her.

Everyone in the room could see how Chan's mother was beaming so brilliantly because she finally got to meet Kala. "You're so beautiful," Mrs. Bang stated, cupping Kala's head on both sides. "Channie talked a lot about you, you know. It feels like I have known you my whole life."

Kala who was initially a bit caught off guard by the familiar affection of a mother that she hadn't tasted in a long time, melted into Mrs. Bang's touch in an instant. She grinned jolly, "Channie Oppa told me so much about you too."

"Yeah? What did he say?" Mrs. Bang questioned and narrowed her eyes at Chan.

"That you're the most beautiful woman in his life," Kala picked, saving the leader from the wrong suspicion.

Mrs. Bang rolled her eyes incredulously. "He's being too much like his father."

"But it's true, though?" Kala's brows lifted while trying to appear convincing.

"Young lady, are you trying to flatter me?" Mrs. Bang challenged Kala for her words.

"Does it work?"

"It does."

They both broke into a fit of laughter concurrently as if this wasn't the very first time they saw each other. Kala was gleeful to meet the woman to put it mildly. From just this first interaction, she easily found a mother's warmth in Mrs. Bang's hold and just wanted to stay there for a moment.

"You're so precious, Kala." Mrs. Bang smiled tenderly at the young girl. Her whole face had gone soft. "May I hug you?"

"Of course." Kala nodded unhesitantly, rather eagerly.

In no time, Mrs. Bang gently brought Kala to her embrace, stroking her hair with loads of fondness. "Kala-ya, if you need anything just call me, alright?"

Kala snuggled deeper into the comfort of the hug. "Okay..." she mumbled.