Jeongin's Partner

When Changbin and Kala reached the dance practice room, Jeongin could easily know she'd been crying before as he noticed the puffy eyes and the red nose. The members didn't label them as soulmates for nothing. Despite the constant bickering over unimportant stuff, Jeongin probably knew Kala more than Jisung, the so-called twin, ever did.

The last few days indeed had been so rough for all the members, and Kala was no exception. She particularly had it the hardest as always. Albeit Jeongin hadn't seen her cry since the last elimination, he could see the disguise behind that blaring silence she put in her barrier. So instead of feeling worried, Jeongin was rather relieved she finally let out what she truly felt inside. Maybe Changbin had a big role for that to happen.

That made Jeongin think he should do something too to lessen the unbearable tension that had been surrounding them for almost a week. Spending time with Kala never sounded so appealing before. And for that reason, Jeongin made his way to her who was taking out the training clothes from her school bag.

"Kala-ya," he called, a bit anxious if she was still in do-not-disturb mode, but gladly not. She turned to him followed by a soft hum. "Should we do street food hunting at Myeongdong after practice?"

Kala nodded unhesitantly to Jeongin's relief. "Yeah, sounds great."

And that was how the two maknaes now were strolling at Myeongdong Street which was really well-known for its night market and being a street food heaven.

They tried any food that attracted their attention, forgetting about the strict diet they had to maintain because tonight they were merely a couple of teenagers who just wanted to enjoy the supposed-to-be life they were living. No company, no practices, no survival show, no elimination, just savoring their youth to the fullest.

As a closing for the night, bungeoppang and its sweetness became the dessert for this night's feast. They purposely bought more for the members at the dorm. The two were finishing theirs while walking to the bus stop.

Jeongin stared at the result of their photo box pictures. A cheery smile plastered on his lips as his gaze was fixated on Kala's bright face. He was happy, really happy, she finally broke out from the despair spiral and was slowly back to her usual self—his debate opponent, his best friend, his lil sis, his partner in so many things.

"Oppa, let me see that," Kala requested, her free hand stretched out to ask for the pictures.

He gave them to her, continuing to eat his bungeoppang. "You look hideous."

Kala glared daggers into Jeongin and shoved him lightly. "Maybe you're just seeing your face," she retorted. Focusing back on the pictures, she smiled as she decided which one to keep. "You take this. I'll keep this one."

Jeongin took the picture Kala handed him, observing it. "Ya, I look better in that one. Let me have that."

"No, this is mine now."

"I have it first! Give it back!"

"No! Just take that!"

"But I want that!"

"No!"

Even though they childishly argued about that one strap picture throughout the way home, Jeongin hung the picture he lost to Kala in his room with a smile and wrote some words on the bottom of it.

Let's stick together for a long long time.