Members Meet Grandma

"KALA-YAAA!"

The scream echoed through the entire hallway as Kala was going back to the lounge room with the members after wrapping up the final broadcast episode of Stray Kids Survival Show. She whirled to find Aesung running excitedly with Grandma Mikyung behind her.

Kala grinned at the old friend who had grown up a bit since the last time they saw each other in person at the port of Jeju. Her feet moved to Aesung while arms spread out like she was getting ready to fly. "Aesung-ah!"

When they met in the middle, the two jumped into each other's arms at once, spinning around the hallway and bouncing up and down, just as they used to do when they were ecstatic about something.

"My best friend is going to debut as an idol, oh my god!" Aesung squealed, pride brimming her words. "I'm so proud of you, Kala!"

"Thank you! You have a big role in making that happen, you know. I'm so glad you're my best friend." Kala squeezed Aesung affectionately in her hold. "I don't know what would happen without you."

"Stop, you're always so talented. All I do is support you."

"And yet it has the biggest impact."

Aesung plastered a smile on her face and pulled away. "You better not forget me when you become worldwide superstar."

Kala gasped, placing her hand on her chest where her heart beat. "You think of me that low?"

Aesung gave a nonchalant shrug. "You'll never know someone's heart."

"As if you two would separate," Grandma Mikyung joined the little banter. "You both will stick like a glue once Aesung enter fashion school here in Seoul."

Aesung flicked her fingers. "You know us so well."

"Halmeoni..." Kala drew closer to her grandma for a hug.

Grandma Mikyung unhesitantly embraced her granddaughter, rubbing and patting her back. "You've worked really hard. Your parents must be so proud of you."

"Do they?" Kala couldn't help but ask for validation and thought, what if her parents were here? Would they hug her in pride, too?

"Definitely." Grandma retreated and outstretched her arms to Kala's shoulders. "They always watch you, remember?"

That brought a smile to Kala's lips as she nodded. "They do."

The heartwarming moment was interrupted by a soft calling of Kala's nickname from Chan. She almost forgot about them still in the hallway the entire interaction of her with Aesung and her grandma.

Kala approached Chan and swiftly grabbed his arm to bring him closer to Grandma Mikyung. "Halmeoni, this is Channie Oppa, our leader."

Chan mustered his best smile and bowed politely. "Annyeonghaseyo."

"Ah... so you're the leader guy who started all of this. I heard so much about you." Grandma nodded acknowledgingly. "You take care of Kala a lot. Thank you."

Chan waved his hands in dismiss and laughed lightly. "It's nothing. I consider it as my duty."

While they exchanged a conversation and Aesung also made herself known, Kala brought the other members closer. She introduced them one by one, starting with Minho and Felix who were the nearest to her reach.

"And halmeoni, this is Minho Oppa. He's the cat boy I told you about."

Minho bowed and greeted her, "Annyeonghaseyo."

"Oh yeah, I remember," Grandma Mikyung admitted, sending a small smile to him. "Kala said you're so good at cooking."

At the statement, Minho became flustered and tried to deny it. "Kala is better. She cooked for us many times."