Tough Decision

Chan had been zoning out in his studio for half an hour now.

Jisung elbowed Changbin on the side to get his attention. Although it worked, he got a harder elbow back from Changbin who was peacefully having a nap before Jisung disturbed him.

That elbow counter got Jisung to yelp in pain. "It hurts!"

"You did it first!" yelled Changbin.

Even in that chaotic scream between the two, Chan didn't break out of his trance. His eyes still blankly stared at a point in front of him.

After bickering and nudging each other for a good minute, Jisung finally made Changbin look at the oldest of the three. They were communicating silently on who should approach Chan using their eyes and body language, looking exactly like the duo of dumb and dumber.

They ended up deciding by playing rock, paper, scissors, and Jisung won. Changbin rolled his eyes and got up to sit beside Chan in front of the computer.

Changbin began by clearing his throat, trying to make Chan snap out from his daze, but failed. He tried again, this time calling Chan by his name. "Hyung¹. Chan Hyung!" (¹the way younger men address older men)

The powerful voice of Seo Changbin still didn't succeed in bringing Chan to the surface. Who knows what this man was thinking that he's diving so deep.

An idea popped out on top of Changbin's head like a lightbulb and he smirked because of it. He took a deep breath and 'calmly' shouted, "CHAN HYUNGJISUNG SPILLED HIS COFFEE ON YOUR LAPTOP!!!"

"HAN JISUNG YOU BRAT." Chan rose from his seat at lightning speed and checked his beloved legendary laptop on the table which was completely fine.

When he heard the laughing of the two culprits, Chan fetched two pillows on the couch and from the bottom of his heart, threw them at Changbin and Jisung.

The younger two groaned at the impact and then whined, "Hyung!"

"You two are such an ashole," Chan grunted and moved to the back couch.  

"What were you thinking anyway that you didn't hear Changbin Hyung called you? It's so loud I think my ear bleed." Jisung touched his ear in reflex, making Changbin slap the back of his neck.

Chan sighed, his mind was swirling with thoughts. "Our 9th member."

"You're still looking for another one? I thought you wanna stick with eight members?" Changbin questioned, looking at Chan curiously.

From that question, Chan became silent. He was back in reverie, but not so long that Changbin had to use his voice again. "What do you think if we have a female member?"

Changbin and Jisung looked at each other at the same time, thinking the exact same thing; is he out of his mind?

"I know it sounds like I'm out of my mind, but—"

"You are out of your mind," Changbin and Jisung said in unison.

"BUT, think about it. It's possible, isn't it?"

"I'm not sure if PD-nim will make that happen," Changbin responded, switching to serious mode very fast. "There'll be so many risks for that." (PD-nim in here is JYP)

"But there will also be good things that come from it," Chan argued, feeling determined. "Especially if she's really talented."

"Who are you thinking?" Jisung asked in wonder, who got his hyung to have a thought of having a female member in the supposed-to-be boy group.

"Kala," Chan answered rather unhesitantly.

"Kala?" Jisung made sure. "Like... Kala... Ryu Kala? The secret weapon girl?"

Chan nodded. "One and only."

"She's talented indeed. But isn't she supposed to debut as a solo?" Jisung raised his eyebrows.

"I might have to persuade PD-nim about that."

Jisung nodded and flicked his gaze to Changbin beside him. "What do you think, hyung?"

"I don't know." Changbin shrugged. "I've never met her. I only know her from hyung," he pointed to Chan with his chin. "But if she got Chan Hyung to talk about her a lot, I guess she's that amazing."

"She's amazing," Chan confirmed. "And a good kid. A little awkward, but she's awesome once you get to know her." He glanced at Changbin and then at Jisung, trying to convince both of them. "I saw her monthly evaluation last week and she... she's perfect for Stray Kids."

Jisung's fingers played with his bottom lip as he was thinking. "I think you should ask the others too, see what they think about it," he suggested to the oldest.

"Yeah, we'll see."