𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑.52

D h r i t i

"Not only me, Rehaan and Veer also used to work for him. Charan was the only one who didn't encourage that gang. He tried to stop us but we didn't listen to him. . ." My heart was beating faster as he said despite that I asked him "How did you come across his dark network?"

"Through Sidharth. He was the one who made us members of that gang when we were in college." That bastard. . .I swear. He is out for ruining everyone's life. Fucker!

"He said that gang was for people who didn't get any mercy from our law and country. You know. . . our law can give justice and at the same time, it can snatch that justice from the people who deserve that because of money and influenced people." I listened to him, he is right the law here can give justice and also take it from us.

"So we joined his group, killed the people they told us to, thinking they're threats of poor people, giving justice to that poor people. . . But we were wrong. On a certain day, an incident occurred wherein a girl caused a commotion that endangered the stability of his network. At that time we came to know that he was working behind sex trafficking and even drug deals. He uses the potential of youngsters to get his work done. So maybe the people we killed will be those who stand against him or threaten his network. That thought filled our minds with guilt. So to take revenge on him, we helped 50 girls to escape from his clutch. All this happened because of that girl who took a huge and brave step to put him in danger."By what Anvith said and now Aarush saying I can connect the dots.

"What did that girl do?" I asked him to confirm my assumption. He looked at me.

"That girl recorded a video of his deal that can destroy his complete network. And We were sure that he would kill that girl. So we decided to protect her, and this time Charan also helped us. Four of us split into four different places where he can keep that girl. Rehaan was the one who found the place where she was held captive but unfortunately, when we all came there she was taken to another place. We searched for her but we didn't find her. Now also I'm searching for her. . ." My breath hitched. So my assumption was true, I'm that girl he was talking about. He tried to save me. He has been searching for me for 7 years.

"Why do you want to find her?" I asked him, I could feel my voice slightly shaken.

"Because I want to provide a good and secure life for her. Because of her, almost 50 girls get their lives back. So she deserves a good life like others." My eyes filled with tears and several emotions filled my heart.

"Would you ma-make her your life partner if you find her now?" I asked him desperate to know the answer.

"No. I will not make her my life partner. Because now I have you." He said.

"But what if--"
"Now enough. I get bored of digging into the past. And I already made your eyes fill with tears. So let's stop this talk." He wiped off my tears.

"So. . . I answered your questions and what will I get in return?" He asked me.

"I already answered your question," I said to him.

"That's not what I want. Today I didn't get. . ." He trails his thumb on my bottom lip "to taste my favourite dessert." I pushed him slightly with my hand on his chest.

"Good night. I'm going to sleep." I said and ran to my room giving him a smirk.

"This is not for good, Babydoll! You will pay for it." He yelled sulking his face.

"I'm ready to pay," I yelled back peeking at him through the rails of stairs. He looked at me and got up from the sofa. Oh shit! I provoked him. I ran to my room and locked the door behind me. I can't hear any footsteps outside.