𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑.67

In the previous chapter, I came across comments from my readers threatening to drop this book. Well, if you feel like it, go ahead and drop the book, but do you have any valid reasons for doing so? You all decided to abandon the book simply because I hadn't updated the new chapter. But wait a minute, none of you even reached the target I set, so why are you complaining? As for my unavailability, I was busy with my studies and preparing for the upcoming Vishu festival this Sunday. Moreover, I was not even at my own house; I was in my father's house, which happens to be located in a remote forest area where internet connectivity is nonexistent. So, if it's my fault, I apologize. I will update the next chapter whenever I find the time. Right now, I need to focus on my revision because I have an exam on May 5th. Please understand that us authors have lives outside of writing too. I hope this clarifies things for you. If you still don't get it, then there's nothing more I can say to you guys.
Thank you for your understanding.

A a r u s h.

After dropping Riti in the temple, I didn’t go to my office. I’m here in Charan’s residence, CR Mansion. I lied to Riti that I had important work in the office.  My important work is not related to any of the office work it’s related to Daksh.

“Yesli vy otstupite ot moikh slov, ya razberus' s vami lichno. I ty znayesh', chto proizoydet, yesli ya priyedu tuda.”Charan said over the phone as he came and sat on his chair.

(If you go back on my words, I will deal with you personally. And you know what will happen if I come there.)

He abruptly ended the call, turning his attention towards me with a smug grin on his face. It was clear that the task had been successfully completed.

“Those Russian delegates will definitely cancel his deal. His massive 300 crore project is about to crumble!” he said.

“Are you absolutely certain they won't approach him?” I inquired cautiously.

“Absolutely fucking sure. They know damn well what will happen if they dare to defy me,” he replied nonchalantly.

“Why do you have so much confidence in this?” I leaned forward, pressing for more information.

“It's a secret. A secret within a secret within another secret,”he said, reclining back in his chair. I shook my head in disbelief. He was always so enigmatic and mysterious among the four of us.

“Forget all that. Do you really think this could jeopardize his business?” Charan interjected.

“Yes, without a doubt. If he doesn't secure this deal, his company will go bankrupt, putting his shareholding and entire business at risk,” I explained to him.

“But why waste time? I already told you to eliminate him if he crosses your girl. Torturing him would be a simple task compared to all this nonsense,” he remarked, lighting up a cigarette.

“But before I off him, I need to know his entire backstory. So in the meantime, I'm making sure he doesn't have a smooth ride. Before he kicks the bucket, he should lose everything he's gained in this lifetime,” I explained to him. How can I let that bastard who dared to lay a finger on my Riti off the hook? Yesterday, I could see the fear in her eyes when Daksh spoke. And if my hunch is correct, Daksh definitely has some connection to Riti's past. If he played a part in what happened to Riti before, no one can stand in my way of taking him out. I've been patient only for Dhriti's sake, otherwise I would have delved into her past by now. And I'm still waiting because of her. But I don't need anyone's permission to dig into Daksh's history.

“Fuck!” Charan grumbled as he angrily flicked his cigarette out the window.

I furrowed my brow at his actions, then I heard the sound of a girl giggling, sounding eerily similar to Anamika's.