𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑.54

A a r u s h

She was unconscious for one day. . . For one fucking day. These 24 hours have felt like an eternity, with 1140 minutes and 86,400 seconds that seem to drag on endlessly. In retrospect, I don't even remember taking a single breath.

It's strange how much I have come to realize my love for her in such a short period. But it's not just love, it's something that transcends the boundaries of mere affection. It's as if my life is intertwined with hers, and without her presence, I am unable to function. Every breath, every thought, every action seems to be futile without her by my side. The mere thought of being without her sends shivers down my spine as if life itself would come to a grinding halt. Without her, I'm fucking dead.

I have been here in the hospital corridor for more than a day now. Everyone, including the Mehra family, Arjun, Ruhi and even her brother was here. Despite their presence, I've been hiding and avoiding them. I know if I face them, they will ask me questions that I have no answers to. To avoid that situation, I've been waiting in the corridor, secretly inquiring about her health Anamika. At that moment, my priority was solely on the girl inside the ICU who lay unconscious. You may call me a coward, but I couldn't bear to face them with no answers.

Two hours ago Anamika informed me that she opened her eyes. And that time I really felt like living. The Mehra family, her friends and even her brother went to meet her. As I said I couldn't show up in front of them so I didn't go inside the room.

As my heart yearned to catch a glimpse of her, my feet involuntarily carried me towards her room. With trepidation, I reached out for the doorknob and pushed the door ajar. My eyes fell upon a heart-wrenching sight - Dhriti was sobbing uncontrollably, her tears falling freely down her face as she clung to her brother for dear life. It was a gut-wrenching scene - the kind that leaves an indelible mark on one's memory.

As I stood there, watching her tears flow down her face, my heart ached. I had never seen her in this state before; it was as if all the walls she had built around her heart had crumbled. I could feel the intensity of her emotions, and it took everything in me to resist the urge to go near her and embrace her, to comfort her. Her sobs were so deep and raw that it was as if the whole world had stopped for a moment. Despite her desperation to convey something through her tears, I couldn't hear her words.

Not being able to see her like that, I closed the door and walked away from her room. The image of her tear-stained face, contorted in anguish, haunts me still.
What did that fuckers do to her? She was fucking breaking down. . . A strong person like her will not break down for simple things. If she was crying that hard something should have happened. Those fuckers are going to pay for that, making her this much weak. No one means no one will break her, make her cry not even make her face down. If someone did that he would get worse and harsher punishment for that.

Now every one of them left, Ruhi is the only one with her thank god for that.

Ruhi said to me that she was now asleep. It's okay, I just need to see her and sit with her for some time. That's all I need.

I opened the door of her room slowly and closed it before going near her.

I noticed that her head was wrapped in a white bandage, which was a stark contrast against her pale complexion and the same goes for her right arm. And her hands have some bruises. Her face is pale, her juicy plump lips are a little drier and it's trembling. Wait, is she crying? Yes, looks like she is having a nightmare. She was mumbling something but I couldn't hear so I sat beside her on the bed and leaned closer to hear her.

"Please don't do this to me. . . Please. . . You misused my trust. . . No no no. . . Please. . ." She cried harder, and my heart squeezed seeing her like this.