𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑.65

A a r u s h

"Raghav, did you check everything? Nothing should go wrong," I said to Raghav.

"Everything is okay, sir. Nothing will go wrong." He assured and I nodded.

Today marks the grand launch event, and my schedule has been jam-packed with all the preparations. Unfortunately, this means that I haven't had much time to spend with Dhriti. She's also caught up with her own office work and the arrangements for her brother's engagement.

As a result, our meetings have become few and far between, leaving us with barely any time to have meaningful conversations. We rely heavily on phone calls, often resorting to video calls at night. However, it's simply not enough for either of us.

I can't help but wonder what kind of twisted irony this is. Back when we weren't dating, we had all the time in the world. And yet, we wasted it on trivial matters like ignoring each other, arguing, and fighting endlessly. But now, when we finally have something special, time seems to slip through our fingers. It feels like some kind of cruel punishment.

Suddenly, my dad's voice breaks through my thoughts. "Earth to Aarush," he says, trying to bring me back to reality.

"Where are you lost, Aarush?" he questioned.

"Sorry, Dad. I was just. . . Never mind. Is there something you need?" I inquired.

"Just wanted to remind you that everything needs to go smoothly," he says with concern.

"Don't worry, Dad. I've got it all under control. Everything is perfectly arranged, and nothing will go wrong," I reassure him confidently.

"It's actually you who should be worried because if anything goes awry, I'll swiftly remove you from the CEO position," he cautioned.

"Alright, got it." I nodded in agreement.

"You've double-checked everything, right?" he inquired.

"Yeah, everything except for the work completed by Dhriti," I responded.

"You don't need to fret about Dhriti's work. It will surpass the quality of your own work. After all, she's my daughter-in-law," he proudly declared.

"Are you showering her with compliments these days while neglecting me, Dad?" I playfully questioned him.

"I'm not complimenting her, I'm simply stating the truth," he calmly replied.

"Dad," Just as our conversation continued, Riti's voice caught my attention. As I turned to look at her, my breath caught in my throat. She looked absolutely stunning in a black dress that accentuated her curves perfectly. Her confidence radiated from within, and it was no wonder why my father was so enamoured with her.

"Riti, how are you, Child?" my dad asked with such sweetness as he lovingly patted her cheek. After all, she is his daughter-in-law, right?

"I'm fine, Dad," she said with a genuine smile on her face.

"How you're doing?" She asked him.

"I'm all good," He replied with a smile.

"And Riti? I think you should look after Aarush, I mean nowadays he is zoning out a lot. Who knows what's the reason? So keep an eye on him, okay?" My Dad said. Why is he saying this to her?

"I will, Dad. You don't worry about him." She said to Dad.

"I trust you," he said to her as he walked away leaving two of us alone.

"So. . . Mr. Aarush Malhotra, why are you zoning out a lot? Who is occupying your thoughts? Is there someone making you crazy? Huh?" She asked crossing her hands over her chest. Asking the same person who occupies my thoughts.