Chapter Four

"Ummar ibn khattab says:'The foulest of women of the salfa.'
Salfa is the immodest woman who mixes with men and is not shy from them."I softly whispered as I sighed.I love this book so much but it's so sad that all the muslim women around me including my sister,nazli and others do not take their religion seriously.I closed the book placing it back on the book shelf.

I was startled by the sudden and loud ringing of my phone.I recieved the call as it was from Dr Ferman.
"Yazia.You need to come hospital urgently. Ms. Anne is dealing with a perforated peptic ulcer."I heard Dr Ferman's worried voice.

"I am coming."I said,I was wearing a black hoodie which reached till my knees and a trouser.I wore hijab and grabbed my bag and ran downstairs wearing my shoes.

"Where are you going?"I heard mother's voice.
"Don't worry Mother.I have an emergency case and I need to leave.Ill be back soon."I said and kissed her cheek.I walked outside running towards the hospital.

It will take me 20 minutes to reach the hospital like this.I searched for a taxi but there wasn't any.I saw a car coming in my direction and I waved my hand, hoping that I will get lift.The stopped infront of me.The window rolled down and my eyes widen.I looked up.Ya Allah what kind of joke is happening to me?

"You need help baby."He smirked making me glare at him."No thank you."I said and started walking.
"I see you are in a rush.Maybe its a surgical case.You wouldn't want to risk your innocent patients life for your ego."He said,making me halt.
I looked back to see him smirking at me.I sighed and walked back.He unlocked the car door and I climbed on backseat.

"Hello Madam.I am not your personal driver."He said while looking at me through rearview mirror.

I sighed and got out.I finally sat on passenger's seat and he drove.
"What's the case?"He asked while focusing on the road.

"A perforated peptic ulcer, a condition where a hole forms in the lining of the stomach or small intestine, leading to leakage of digestive fluids into the abdominal cavity. This can cause severe abdominal pain, infection, and potentially life-threatening complications such as peritonitis or sepsis."I said and he hummed.

"Seems difficult.How will you perform the surgery?"He questions and I sighed

"You are right.Surgery for a perforated peptic ulcer involves several crucial steps. We will prepare the patient by ensuring their stability and administering anesthesia. Then, an incision is made in the abdomen to access the affected area, allowing us to thoroughly examine the perforation and assess its severity. Following this, We repair the hole in the stomach or small intestine using sutures or staples, occasionally necessitating the removal of compromised tissue. Any leaked digestive fluids are drained to prevent infection and further complications. Once the perforation is closed and drainage is established, the incision in the abdomen is closed. "I answered while looking out of the window.From the corner of my eye I saw him glance at me and then smile.
"Nice outfit."He smiled and I placed my bag on my thighs.Was I blabbering.He was paying attention to my outfit all along.

"Shut up.I had to leave urgently."I said making him laugh."I like the outfit tho."He said making me roll my eyes.
"We are here."He said and I ran out of the car.This time,the most important thing for me was the safety of my patient.I ran upstairs in Ms Anne's room to see.Mr Ferman examining her.He signalled nurse Junaid to take the patient to operation theater.

"Took you time."He said and I Sighed."Sorry Dr Ferman."I said and he nodded."I was on the night shift today and no one else and everyone else lives far away from the hospital.Thats why I called you."He said and I nodded."Its okay I understand."I said making him smile.
"Get ready for the operation.He said and I nodded.