Chapter Sixteen.

"She's alright. Thank God the cut wasn't too deep, and there were no internal injuries. She fainted due to blood loss," Ferman said, and I placed my head in my palm.

"What do you think, Ferman? How did she get injured?" I looked up at him, and he sighed. "I don't know everything, but the way she hid her injury clearly suggests it was her father. She always defends him," he said, and I nibbled on my lower lip.

"We need to know what happened," I spoke, and he nodded. "We'll ask her once she's awake," he leaned back in the chair, and I nodded.

"What's wrong with her father? Why does he treat her like that?" I asked him, and he shrugged. "It's been two years since she joined the hospital, and thanks to Dr. Adil, who was a good friend of her father, he helped her family to settle here. She is from Türkiye. They shifted here after her studies were completed. Dr. Adil was friends with Yazia's father. He wanted to help Yazia get into this hospital, but she refused and got this job on her own. Her father stopped working once they shifted here, and she earns for her family. She pays all the bills and her sister's fees. She has been struggling very much. She was a girl with many dreams, but she had to kill her dreams for the sake of her family," he spoke as he looked out of the window.

I heard a knock on the door, making me shoot my head up. Nazli peeked in and gave a sad smile. "She is awake, Ferman sir," she said, looking at the floor. I got up from my chair and ran towards her room. I walked in to see her sitting on the bed. She looked at me with an empty look in her eyes.

"Are you okay?" I asked as I walked towards her, and she nodded. "I am alright. Actually, I accidentally injured myself-"

"Can you stop lying? Can you please not lie? Can you for once be selfish and think about yourself too?" I stood in front of her with my hands in my pockets. She looked at my eyes and then looked away. "No. I can't. I don't have a perfect life like you. I am a poor girl. I was taught to be selfless. I-I was born to earn for my family," her voice cracked as she looked out of the window. "Girls are not meant for earning," I said as I looked at her.

"Well. In my case, Mr. Min, I don't live in a fairytale. This is harsh reality. I have to suffer and make money for my family," she said, making me scoff. "What about your father? And what about that God of yours? Where is your Allah, Yazia? You are always praying to him. Then why do you suffer so much?" I asked in a rough voice.

"Allah says: Do people think that they will be left alone because they say: 'We believe,' and will not be tested." She said and smiled. "Allah tests those whom he loves," she said, making me chuckle. "What kind of Allah is this? Who likes to test his servants? Those servants who always put their trust in him and who never forget to pray to him?" I scoffed, and she smiled.

"He loves when I ask him. He loves when I pray to him. He always tests me so I could come to him and complain to him. So I could come and talk to him," she spoke and looked at me, making me chuckle as I shook my head.

"There is nothing like God, Doctor. It's just a waste of time," I said, and she shook her head. "What do you think happens after death?" She asks, making me shrug. "When I die, I am dead and gone, my conscious life will end, my interactions with others will end, and I will be simply gone," I stated, and she nodded.

"And I believe after death we will be questioned about what we did in this life and after that it will be decided if we will go to paradise or hell," she said, making my smile fall. "What do you think, Mr. Min? Who is in a win or win situation in this?"She looked at me and I couldn't answer."Obviously the one who believes in god."She smirked, making me part my lips. I tried to speak but couldn't. She was right. "Someone is above us who controls everything, Mr. Min. May Allah give you hidayat," she said and looked away.