Chapter Twenty Six.

"Assalamu alaikum warahmatullah," I muttered as I looked towards my right. "Assalamu alaikum warahmatullah," I whispered, looking towards my left. A smile tugged on my lips as I saw the woman sitting beside me. Her lips moved as she whispered some adhkar.

She probably saw me staring at her and looked at me with a smile. I wrapped my arm around her shoulder, pulling her closer to me. I planted a kiss on the crown of her head. My doctor.

She looked at me with a smile. "What's wrong?" I asked, and she frowned. "You can't hide it from me. I know you are thinking about something," I added, and she sighed. "Nothing. I am just thinking about Zayn," she said, making me sigh. "I killed him," she rested her head on my chest. "Will Allah ever forgive me?" she questioned, and I shook my head. "People are trying to mess with your mind. Don't let that happen. When his parents didn't blame you, then why are you blaming yourself?" I caressed her arm with my thumb.

"I said it before, and I will say it again. You were a victim, not a criminal," I said, making her sigh. "Don't call yourself a murderer again," I added, and she nodded in return.

"Remember what you told me when I asked you why your god doesn't help you? Why does he torture you so much?" I reminded, and she nodded. "Allah says: 'Do people think that they will be left alone because they say: 'We believe,' and will not be tested,'" she smiled. "Allah tests those whom he loves," I said, making her sit up straight as she looked at me. "He loves when I ask him. He loves when I pray to him. He always tests me so I could come to him and complain to him. So I could come and talk to him," she completed, making me smile.

"Exactly," I exclaimed. "To some, Allah gives things quickly, and for some, Allah loves to listen to their voice again and again," I said, making her smile. "Maybe Allah loves it when you talk to him," I smiled at her.

"I am so glad that I have you. It isn't as hard as it used to be. You make the worries disappear," she placed her head on my chest, making me wrap my arms around her. My heart skipped a beat at her confession. "We will go through it together. I am ready to face any challenge as long as you are holding my hand," I replied, while she traced the veins on my arms, making me giggle.

"What are you doing?" I asked, and she chuckled before speaking. "One paper cut and it's over for you," she laughed, pointing at my veins, making me fake glare at her. "I am sorry, just a joke," she wrapped her arms around me, tackling me on the ground, making me laugh. "It's okay, baby, I don't mind," I replied, wrapping my arms around her waist, kissing her forehead.

______________

"Are you sure that you want to do this?" Dr. Adil asked me, and I nodded. "Of course, no one else is agreeing to treat a criminal, but I can't let him die," I replied, and he sighed, nodding. "We have already performed the surgery. You will just have to take care of him till he recovers," he said, and I nodded. He patted my head and left.

I sighed and opened the door of the room, entering it. I saw the patient sitting up on the bed, his hand cuffed to the bed. He looked out of the hospital window. "How do you feel?" I asked, checking his IV. "I don't feel, doctor," his voice was raspy and scary. "Good," I replied shortly, making him chuckle. "Are you scared of me? Is that why you are trying to avoid me?" he looked at me, making me look away.

"I am not scared," I replied, looking at his files. "You don't look at me, doctor," he said, and I lifted my head up, looking at him right in the eye. "I am not afraid of anyone. Got it?" I spoke, making him chuckle. "You try to hide your fear," he said, making me look away with a sigh. "It shouldn't concern you anyway," I spat, trying to control my anger, and he nodded.

I walked out of the room and huffed. This is going to be hard. He seems stubborn and difficult to deal with. He is here for a month. I don't know how I will deal with him.