Chapter Twenty Three.

I walked into the mansion without talking to Mr. Min, but now the problem is: where is my room? I stood there, waiting for Mr. Min. "Follow me," he said as he walked upstairs. Follow my foot. I don't follow; I lead. I walked beside him, and he opened the door to a room. It was the size of Nazli's apartment, even though her apartment had three rooms, a bathroom, a kitchen, and a small lobby.

An attached bathroom, a walk-in closet, a balcony, a king-sized bed. The walls of the room painted in dark blue and golden color. "We are staying in the same room?" I asked, making him chuckle. "You're my wife. Doctor," he looked at me. "Your clothes are already in the closet," he continued, then sat on a sofa. I noticed Leo curled up on the bed sleeping.

I walked into the closet, taking out a grey hoodie and trousers. I took off my hijab, letting my hair breathe. I ran my hands through my short hair. I had ruined my beautiful hair. I wanted to ruin myself after realizing I killed someone. I placed my hands in the pockets of my trousers as I stared at my reflection blankly. I hate myself.

I sighed, looking away, and pushed my hair back. I should go bald, I chuckled at my own thoughts, and walked out. I saw Mr. Min sitting on the couch, typing something on his laptop. It reminded me of the time when I gave Zayn divorce papers. He was sitting in the same position. I sighed and opened my purse, taking out my tab.

Mr. Min looked up at me, then looked back, and then looked up again with wide eyes. He pushed himself up and walked towards me. "What have you done to your hair?" he whispered, touching my hair, making me sigh. I don't have an answer for this. How will I make him understand that I wanted to hurt myself? I want to torture myself mentally.

"Yazia," he called out, and I hummed, looking at him. "Don't torture yourself. It wasn't your fault," he said, and I shook my head, pushing my hair back as I sat on the bed. "You don't understand. You don't understand how I feel. I painted my hands with the blood of an innocent. He wasn't at fault; I was. He was my husband, but I never treated him like one." I sighed and looked at him. "I can't live with this guilt. Either this guilt will eat me away, or I will kill myself." My lips trembled, and I breathed, trying not to cry. "His mother. His father. I killed their only son. Their only support in old age. What will they do? I ended their Lineage." Tears welled up in my eyes, and he sighed, kneeling in front of me.

"Whatever happened was written. It was what Allah wanted. It's all part of His plan," he wiped my tears with his thumb. "You can't blame yourself, Yazia. You were the victim. You were kidnapped, and you did whatever was right," he said, making me sob. "You can't blame yourself," he added, and I nodded.
____________
She looked so peaceful while sleeping. I kept staring at her instead of sleeping. I can't believe that she is my wife. She is sleeping beside me, but still, she seems a bit distant. But it doesn't matter. We can take little steps. She cried herself to sleep. She was the victim but acted like she was a criminal.

I furrowed my eyebrows when I saw a frown on her face. She started breathing heavily. "Zayn, please leave me. Let me go. I-I didn't kill you," she cried in her sleep, making me sit up. She was having a nightmare. "Yazia? Wake up, it's just a nightmare, sweetheart," I caressed her cheek, trying to wake her up. After some time, she woke up gasping and breathing hard. I wrapped my arms around her, bringing her closer to me. Her head rested on my chest. "It's alright. It's over. It was just a nightmare," I spoke in a low voice, caressing her, trying to calm her. She finally calmed down, her breathing getting normal. "Lay down," she laid down, and I covered her with a duvet. "Mr. Min," she looked at me, and I hummed. "Don't leave me," she said holding my finger in her hand, and I smiled, nodding.

I lay down beside her, wrapping my arms around her. It wasn't a dream. I finally got her after so many struggles. I finally got my doctor, the doctor who cured my loneliness. I didn't realize when I drifted to sleep.
____________