Chapter 3

In the middle of the night, I heard this weird knocking noise. I looking around and see and now hear nothing then go back to sleep. The next morning when I started walking to class I saw Cameron and went to catch up with him. "Hey" I say starting to walk next to him. "What's up?" Cameron asks. "Good, but in the middle of the night I heard a weird voice but I guess it was nothing" I say as we walk into a building, surprising we have quite a few classes together. "Yeah, I heard something also, it was weird, I never heard something like it before" he replies back curious.

Lunch time came and everyone was eating in the courtyard so me and Cameron got a table. Me and Cameron have a lot of things in common, surprising, and we were having a great time. "Hey Cameron" Vanessa comes over here in a perky voice and makes a huge scene and pushes me so hard to the ground and I hit my head hard on the tar.

Cameron's POV: "Vanessa what are you doing!" I say overly frustrated. "Ugh, she was in the way, so what do you want to do today?" Vanessa says like nothing has changed. "What the hell is wrong with you! I broke up with you last night and go away before you make everything worse!" I yell starting to get up to help Elena. "Ugh!" She screams dumping her boiling hot soup on my head streaming down my face as she frustratedly marches away. "Ahh!" I scream wiping the extremely hot soup that seemed like 187 degrees. I struggle and start to carry Elena and run to the nurse. I start to get a bit light headed and I was thinking of it was because it was a hot day and I got some hot soup on my head but I just shook it off and kept on running.

I jump up with caution and I realize that I was in the nurse. "What happened?" I asked the nurse as she walked into the room. "You passed out while running" she said, "It's probably because you were wearing soup on your head! But you 100% better and free to go". I get up and start walking out the door, I then try to find Elena assuming she is here too, but she's not. "Nurse" I yell running to her, "Where is Elena?", "Oh that girl that was with you? We ended up called an ambulance because she was pretty beat up. May I ask, what happened" she tells me. "That's a story for another time but I have to go to the hospital!" I say. "Take it easy!" The nurse says as I rushing into the doors to outside. I still have Elena's backpack as well as mine with me. Since I don't have a car, I look at the bus schedule. "Damn it" I whisper yell to myself. The hospital isn't that far but is far at the same time so I decide to run. Because my friends are on the other side of the country, and why is that? My ex girlfriend, and they probably would question me if I started talking to them again and Elena is a harmless girl and she is extremely nice. She is a real friend and I want to make that this year because I am not controlled by Vanessa anymore, I'm my own person, and no one else controls me. I don't stop one bit while running. I then look at my phone and I was running for 30 minutes straight. I wasn't jogging and I'm as fast as you would first start, really fast and I didn't slow down at all. Now I do feel light headed and shouldn't of ran here to the hospital and now I know it's further than I thought it was. I than pace into the hospital sweating, holding 2 heavy backpacks, and out of breath. "I need to see Elena, O–" NOOOOO here I go again.

Elena's POV: I wake up in a hospital bed so confused but then a nurse came over and I'm pretty sure her name was Angelina because of her name tag. "What happened to me?" I ask sitting up. "Well I don't know what happened, but you do have a small concussion" Angelina said handing me a glass of water. "I'll let you rest" as she leaves. Now I remember, Vanessa, that bush. Me and one of the nurse's played chess because there was nothing better to do and my backpack is probably still at campus with my phone in it, ugh.
"Doctor, he fainted in the lobby saying he needed to see a girl. I think he said her name was Elena but he fainted before saying her last name" the woman says. "Cameron?" I say to myself. I open the curtain next to me and I see Cameron! The doctor then shuts the curtain. How? Ugh, I will figure this out in the morning, it was getting late so I decided to shut off my lamp and go to sleep.

Cameron's POV: I wake up in a hospital room, lovely, I love fainting. I think there is someone next to me, but I'm too lazy to see who it could be (because I'm lazy af). At least it's just a 2 person room and thankfully nothing more. I try to find Elena in the morning because it's the middle of the night and I feel so tired.

I wake up to a nurse bringing me breakfast. "Hi I'm Angelina, you fainted the other day but you'll be alright. You will be able to leave tomorrow. And don't worry, I have already called your school. Take it easy!" The nurse tells me and leaves the room. Then someone opens the curtain and it was Elena! "Wanna play some chess?" She says. "Elena!" I say siting up. "Good to see you to" she smiles back. "By the way, your ex girlfriend is kinda crazy" Elena laughs a little. "Yeah, I think we can all agree with that" I say. "So what happened when I was blacked out?" Elena asks. I then tell her everything. "Oh so that's why it smells like Italian Wedding in here, just kidding. But you ran that much for me?" Elena says smiling. "Well, um, yeah" I say scratching the back of my neck and blushing a little. "Oh why thank you, my hero" she says. "But for real, wanna play because there is like nothing to do" Elena says. "Ah why not" I say as we set of the chess board at a small table in the room. "Shabam!" Elena says, "I got your king, I win" adding a little victory dance. "I'm starving" I say, "Me to" she adds, "Let's eat!" We say simultaneously. So we decide to go to the food court and get some food and before we knew it it was night and that day flew by like a blink. We decided getting some rest since we are returning back to campus tomorrow. "Night Cam" Elena says getting into her bed. "Goodnight Elena, see you in the morning". The lights go out then I'm out like a light.