Chapter 4. Aiding and Abetting

"We are breaking into the Administration office?" I asked Stiles in a harsh whisper, he was dragging me down the hall by my wrist and I was trying to make sure that I had heard him correctly.

He nodded, "Yes. I have a copy of the speeding ticket he got, now let's just find a transfer form and see if the signatures match. I doubt this guy actually has parents."

"Do you really how crazy you sound?" I responded.

Stiles shrugged, "I don't care. I have a hunch and I'm following it." 

"Okay," I sighed, "and what is this grand master plan you have for breaking in and stealing his transfer form?" 

He smirked, "Well, you see that's why I'm bringing you... I need a distraction."

Of all the things I thought I was going to do with my day, this was certainly not one of them. The fact that he is asking me to help him do something illegal as hell isn't surprising, the fact that he's expecting me to actually partake in it is a different matter. I've been trying to stay out of trouble lately. Leave it to Stiles to throw that semi-clean record out the window. Honestly, the only thing I have is the whole restraining order thing with Jackson, but breaking into the Administration office to steal something is sure to be added to my record if we get caught. 

If I'm going to do this, that means that I am team Stiles. I am taking his side and believing that Theo is "evil" so to say. I have to decide now whether or not this is the path that I want to take. If I go through with this than that means Scott's goody two shoe theory is down the drain and I'm all for Theo being a bad guy. 

Do I really want to do this? I have to trust Stiles, right? I mean, Scott can't always be right and everyone can't always be good... so that means Stiles is right. I'm trying extremely hard to rationalize why I need to take Stiles' side on this and I'm coming up with a blank slate here. 

Stiles sensed my hesitation and he sighed, "Why are you taking Scott's side on this? You can't honestly tell me that you think something isn't up with Theo."

"I can't say that I don't think something is not up with him either, Stiles. I can admit the way he's trying extremely hard to get in the pack is a little unsettling but he hasn't done anything to actually prove to us that he's the bad guy here. I want to take your side, I really do, but at the same time I'd like to believe that someone can come into our lives and they aren't a psychopath trying to kill us." I breathed out in exasperation. 

His eyes widened, "Don't you think I'd like to believe that, too? Kasey, I hate having to be the paranoid one all the time... but everyone wants to just assume that there aren't bad guys and there are and for some reason we are a magnet for them. I'm asking to just trust me on this okay? I need you to believe me and trust me and I promise you that I'm right on this. If I'm not you can punch me in the throat."

I sighed, "Stiles--"

"Kasey, please." He pleaded, the look on his face showing me that he truly did believe with his entire being that Theo was evil. 

How am I supposed to argue with him on this? I have to trust him, I mean even after that Derek kiss and I begged him to believe me and take my side... he did. I have to do the same for him, right? Here he is, begging me to take his side and I have to take it because I already know if the roles were reversed he would take mine. He's done it before so now it's my turn to take his.

"Okay," I said loudly, "okay. I'll take your side but Stiles you better be right on this or Scott is gonna have both of our asses."

Stiles smiled and nodded, "I am right. Now, do you have any ideas of how to be a perfect distraction so I can sneak in and sneak out unnoticed?"