Update For National Siblings Day:

This is just an update/appreciation post I wanted to make for my older brother in honor of National Siblings Day. First off, I don't think there should just be one day to say thank you to our siblings; that should be everyday. But overall, that's just my opinion. Let's get on to it:

My brother is around five-and-a-half years older than I am, and although we have a quite an age difference, we never really let that get to us. You're so talented and dedicated, and anywhere you end up in life, I will support you all the way through. You have such a strong way to carry on when times are hard, and I appreciate that. Out of the two of us, you're more stable and offer so much support when I'm going through a rough time. You're protective of me to the point that I know you care. You're so incredibly special to this world, and I want you to know that.

You've gotten me into all the things that make me: video games, the music I listen to, TV shows, my inner nerd, theatre and guitar. I wouldn't have discovered my love for some things if it wasn't for you. Remember how we'd wrestle in the living room until mom had to raise her voice to get us to stop? Or how I'd watch you and your friends skateboard in front of the house? Or how we'd watch the Power Rangers, Fairly OddParents, SpongeBob, Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends, Danny Phantom or Kim Possible and eat cereal every Saturday morning? Or when I was seven and you'd let me watch My Chemical Romance, 30 Seconds To Mars, Green Day, All-American Rejects, Dashboard Confessional and Paramore music videos with you? I miss those times, but we can't focus on the past: we need to appreciate how far we've come since then. Thank you for everything you've done for me. You're truly an amazing brother.