Requested: Broken Bones & Boyfriends

*First Person Point of View*

Once again, my phone goes off as I continue to practice tricks in the air for the upcoming skateboarding competition. Jordan insisted that I should stay home for the evening and have dinner with him, but I want to do well with the upcoming competition. The last time I competed, I finished in fourth place and this time, I'm not letting that happen. The only way to do better is to practice harder and I'm not letting anyone get in the way of that, even my boyfriend. Bending my knees, I speed up and prepare for the lift in the air. Seconds later, I'm in the air and I do a kickflip and return back to the ground. I continue to pull myself into tricks in the air until I heard a voice interrupt my training. 

"Maxine, you've been training for two hours now. You need to stop before you make yourself feel sick," my best friend Elena argued. (A/N: If that's your name, then feel free to change it!) 

"I think I'm fine for now," I claimed and tried to turn down the argument. I don't want anyone telling me what I should do, because I know what I'm doing. I don't know why she can't trust me with that.

"If you don't stop, then I guess I can't take you to the upcoming Panic! At The Disco concert," Maxine taunted. Once I got back down from the air, I stopped the skateboard and flipped it into my hands.

"You are cold, you know that?" Elena starts to laugh at that and she takes my skateboard from me.

"You need to get back to Jordan, Maxine. You need to rest," she heads back to the argument we had earlier and I shrug in response. 

"If I go back to Jordan, will you stop bothering me about that?" 

"Yes." We both get into our separate cars and head back home. 

- At Home - 

When I got home, the scent of pasta greeted me at the door and I put the car keys on the holder next to the door. Walking into the living room, I notice the television on that provided reruns of How I Met Your Mother on the screen and that Jordan's in the kitchen and wearing his kiss the cook apron. I sneak up behind him and put my arms around his waist, giving him a little squeeze and I kiss his shoulder. He turned around and kissed me on the lips before turning back around to fix the food for him and I. 

"You're back home late again," Jordan commented while I went to sit at the table and ate an apple from the dish in the middle of the table. 

"I know and I'm sorry, but you know how much this competition means to me." 

"Yes, but remember what happened the last time you overworked yourself?"

"Yes, but don't remind me." He sighed at the remark and continued to make dinner for the both of us. 

- The Day of the Competition - 

Today is the day I've been waiting for the past two weeks, and all my practicing will pay off. Both Elena and Jordan are in with the crowd cheering me on and I couldn't be more excited. The only thing holding me back from being more excited is the fact that my rival Christina (A/N : Again, if that's your name, you can change it) is doing better than she did in the last competition. Even though I was trying to keep an eye on her routine to make sure she didn't steal anything from me, I kept getting cute texts from Jordan. He kept sending me texts about how well I'm gonna do, but it keeps getting blinded by Christina's routine. I've gotta beat her even if it's the last thing I do. Once her routine finished, the announcer announced my name and it was time to make my move. I can do this and I will beat Christina. I went to the top of the ramp and I took one breath, while looking down at the crowd. I could see Jordan giving me thumbs up and Elena mirroring him. I can do this. I raise one foot and place it on the skateboard and I go down the ramp. Heading into the air, I do a pop-it-shove and a Benihana move and head back down. Noticing my balance going off when I landed onto the ground, I tried to shift the balance but instead I fall straight onto my patella and heard an uncomfortable sound. I fell into a fetal position, holding my patella and out of the corner of my eye, both Jordan and Elena ran over to me. I could tell that everyone was staring at me with pain, knowing what happened, but I didn't care. I just wanted to get back up on the skateboard, but my patella was keeping me from doing that. Jordan lifted me up and carried me bridal style back to the car and Elena was traveling right behind us toward her car. 

Later that day, I went to the emergency room and came back home. When I went home, Jordan forced me to lay in bed and he made me relax. I pulled up Twitter on my phone and I noticed that my notifications was going off. Looking at it, I saw the tweet that Jordan tagged me in: My girlfriend broke her knee doing what she loves. (Y/Twitter/N) I love you, baby. Feel better soon.