Requested: Love's Not A Competition (But I'm Winning) Part 1

Requested by @sorryitsjess123
First Person Point of View:

Scrolling through Facebook, I had the television volume on at full volume for background noise and the windows were open in the front of the house to let in cool air. Autumn was at its finest and I didn't want to miss out on the beautiful weather, not to mention the sounds of leaves falling to the ground. Next to me was a mug of hot chocolate and my dog laid right next me on the couch; everything felt so right. Moments later, I heard footsteps traveling up my driveway and towards the door, but I heard commotion as well.

Confused, I opened up the front door to notice both Johnnie and Jordan shoving one another and Jordan pushing Johnnie to the wall on the left side of the porch.

"Guys?" I asked concerned and both of their faces looked toward me, but Jordan still held onto Johnnie.

"Jess! You're just the person we were looking for," Jordan said with a slight laugh. The laugh used in this context made me realize that he was more nervous to see me, which was odd considering that they're the ones who came to me.

"Those are never good words," I said almost immediately. Jordan loosened his grip on Johnnie and the two struggled to respond to me.

"Well, do you think we can come inside and talk to you? It's a little awkward standing out here." Johnnie suggested with his hand holding onto his left arm. I felt a bit uneasy letting them into the house, but I waved them in and they traveled to the living room. My dog was used to them, so Jordan started playing with my dog while Johnnie watched them on the side chair.

"So, what'd you guys wanna talk about?" I asked with my hands in my pockets, prepared for whatever they wanted to throw at me.

"Okay, so, we recently discovered that we both like you, like a lot." Johnnie explained. Right from the minute he finished the sentence, I was taken aback. I never imagined in a million years that my two closest guys friends would like me like that. I choked on my words, not sure of what to say and I'm sure they realized it from my actions. Looking down at my socks, I'm trying to think of what to say.

"To be honest, I really don't know who I like more."

"What do you mean you don't know who you like more? Out of the two of us, who looks like an anime character and would rather fuck Yoshi?" Johnnie asked while directing the comment to Jordan.

"For the millionth time, Johnnie, I don't think about Yoshi like that!" Jordan yelled back and threw the nearest pillow at Johnnie.

"Okay, Okay! Guys, stop!" The two looked at me with Jordan on top of Johnnie and a pillow in his hand, ready to hit Johnnie again.

"Instead of fighting each other, let's talk through this, shall we?"

"Or we can have a competition to prove to you which one of us loves you more," Jordan suggested and Johnnie's eyes lit up from the suggestion. Biting my lip, I couldn't help but enjoy the idea and I nodded to confirm my thoughts to them.

"I guess so," I answered, making sure the excitement doesn't show through my voice. Without any confirmation from me, Jordan pressed me against him and kissed me with the most lust I've ever received. His hand cupped my neck and began to pull the kiss further before I felt his lips leave and felt another pair; it was Johnnie. The feeling of his lip ring rubbing against my lip drove me up the wall and I wanted to take it further, but Johnnie was pushed off me by Jordan.

"Round one is now over and we're moving to Round two!" Jordan yelled.

Johnnie pushed me down on the couch and had me lay down, "Don't worry about me. I'm doing this to make you feel good," he whispered in my ear. I felt a shutter overtake me when his breath hit my ear and I couldn't think straight. He began to kiss me again, but this time, it was more aggressive. He kissed me from my collarbone to my neck, while his hands were tracing circles on my waist. He went from my waist and went down my stomach to my hips. My god, that boy knew what he was doing. In my mind, I was thinking to not let this end. It seemed like Jordan was reading my mind though, because seconds later, he managed to pull Johnnie off and threw him off the couch. I could hear a thud from the impact.

I went to raise my head to make sure Johnnie's okay, but Jordan put his hand behind my neck and gently laid me down. As we were laying down, he did the same thing as Johnnie, but he proved to be more confident in what he was doing. Even he went to put his hands on the back of my thighs and pushed me as close to him as possible. He kissed every inch of my face and neck, and by the time he had to stop, I was left astonished. When I looked up from the couch, Johnnie was leaning against the wall with his arms crossed, while Jordan cracked his knuckles. I didn't know what to say. I needed to take a mental break and went to the kitchen to get a glass of water. I could hear them follow behind me, but I didn't look behind; I moved forward.

I went to get the glass of water I needed and when I leaned against the counter, I could see the both of them shirtless.

"Guys, really?" I asked, trying not to sound eager.

"Yes, really. Who has the better abs?" Jordan asked. I was hesitant on answering the question, but the two of them waiting for my answer made it more uncomfortable for me. 

"Um, Jordan?" I said without thinking. Jordan did his signature woo-hoo and victory dance, while Johnnie watched him with jealousy and arms crossed. 

"Johnnie, can I talk to you?" I asked him while pulling him into the hallway connected to both my bedroom and bathroom. 

"I like you. I really like you," I admitted, "I've liked you for quite some time, actually." 

I cannot believe just said that and it was hard for me to look at him. Johnnie lifted up my head by putting a finger on my chin and pushing it up. 

"Then why did you say you 'didn't know who you liked more?'" 

"Because I didn't want to hurt Jordan. He's such a great guy and I didn't want to just flat out tell him I didn't like him. The last thing I wanted was to hurt him, but now, I guess I have to tell him." 

"Not guess; you will tell him," Johnnie corrected. 

"Don't push me, nerd." I've been calling him a nerd since we met six years ago and when I mentioned his nickname, he chuckled like he always does. I left him in the hallway and I went to Jordan, but he wasn't in the living room. If I were Jordan, where would I be? I decided on walking into the game room and lo and behold, there he was holding the game pad to the Wii U and playing Yoshi's Wooly World. Why am I not surprised? 

"Hey Jordan, I think I owe an explanation to you." He kept playing the game like he couldn't hear me. Damn, he must be mad. I inched closer to him with my arms holding my cardigan against my body like a belt, and I removed my hand to tap him on his shoulder. Jordan put down the game pad and turned around to take out his headphones. Thank god, he's not giving me the silent treatment. 

"What's up?" He asked with no tone of hurt in his voice. Phew. 

"Listen, I realized that I've led you on this entire time. The truth is, I've liked Johnnie for quite some time and I feel bad for leading you on today." I admitted to him. Upon hearing this, he put his head down to take in what I just said and I just sat there, waiting for him to say something. He seemed upset and I wanted to comfort him, but comfort from me is probably one thing he doesn't want right now. I heard him sigh and he eventually lifted his head.

"I have to admit something too, Alex told me that you liked him. When she told me, it hurt me because I've always wanted to get your attention. It always seemed everything Johnnie did, you liked it. I just wanted to impress you and make you notice me." 

"Jordan, I've always noticed you. If I didn't notice you, I wouldn't be talking to you right now." 

"That's not what I meant by noticing you. I meant, I wanted you to notice me the same way I noticed you. That's what I wanted this entire time. So when Alex told me, I didn't know how else to prove how much I loved you. That's why Johnnie and I have been arguing the way we have." 

By this point, I didn't know what else to tell him. I told him everything he needed to know, but I still feel bad for making him feel like this. 

"Well, we can always fix it. How about I go on a date with the both of you and I can figure it out from there? That way so it's fair." I offered and I put my right hand on his shoulder to boost his confidence. It took a minute, but he smiled and accepted it.