Requested: 2009

Song: 2009 - Like Totally Eden (Video Above!)

Requested by @elizabeth9595

Recently, Bryan and I had to end our relationship. At first, it started out fine with the two of us, but as time went on, our relationship began to fade. I mean, we still love each other, but as the best friends we started out as; not in the romantic relationship. It hurts to know that it's going to end like this and there's nothing I can do to stop it. The most I can do is just think of the sweet memories we had and just hope that things will work out. But truth be told, it'll just tug at the strings on my heart. 

You had saved me from the bad times. I had no friends until I was eighteen. You saved me; I was lonely. 

Before knowing Bryan, I just let time move on without making an effort in socialization and conversation. Even with my parents, I was an awkward mess. I never knew how to talk to people, so I always envied the kind of people that could just walk up to someone and make a great first impression so easily. They didn't have to think about how they looked before approaching someone and didn't even have to think about what they were going to say. They were confident in themselves and didn't have to be insecure. Maybe if I wasn't so insecure, I could've done so, but I'm happy with the way things turned out. If I wasn't the way I was in high school, there's a chance I couldn't of met Bryan. If I didn't know him, my life wouldn't be as great as it turned out to be. 

Do you remember the time when we first met at the train station? 

When I first moved to Los Angeles for college, I couldn't think straight. I couldn't wrap my mind around the city and the kinds of people that were in it. Once I had everything straightened out at the airport, I went to the closest train stop to find out my way around Los Angeles. The only problem was that a thunderstorm was keeping me from going anywhere, and it delayed the train's time. Fortunately, Bryan ran up at the train stop eight minutes after I arrived there and noticed me right away. He sat down next to me on the bench and even though I had a jacket on, he wrapped his around the both of us. I thanked him for the kind gesture, but that was all I could do at the time. Truthfully, I didn't know how to respond to him rather than thanking him. Sounds lame, right? Ten minutes later, the train showed up at the stop and once people got off, we got on. I sat towards the back so no one could bother me, but Bryan sat a couple seats up from me and was listening to his music rather loudly. I could hear the sound of All TIme Low come over the headphones and I couldn't stop myself from singing along to Remembering Sunday. Once people got settled into their seats, I saw Bryan shuffling back to the seat across from me and I looked at him confused. Despite the fact we just met twenty minutes ago, he told me that he couldn't get me off his mind and had to see if I was still on board. I tried not to blush at the comment Bryan made, but it just made it worse. After that train ride, Bryan and I became best friends.

Do you remember the time when you said you loved me in the snow? 

How can someone forget something that memorable? Something such as a first kiss, I had an image in my head of how I wanted it to go, but it became so much better than what I thought of. For the first time in my life, I got to see snow and when I told Bryan about that, he made me come outside and play in the snow with him. We both went outside in our winter attire and we did everything we could think of, but the unimaginable happened. When we were set to go inside to my apartment for cookies and hot chocolate, Bryan showed me one of the snowflakes in the air. Before I could be mesmerized by it, I felt Bryan slide his hand in my hair and stroked the side of my face and kissed me. He held me close with his hands behind my neck and pulled back after a couple of minutes. We both looked back at each other and he shyly muttered an, 'I love you,' and put his head down, wondering what I would say. All I could say back to him was 'what?' Then, he repeated it to me more clearly and the words just melted into my heart and it felt like it was tattooed across my head. I couldn't breathe at the moment due to his stare, but I knew he meant it. 

I can hear you pacing through the thin walls of our bedrooms

Despite the fact we were both at separate apartments and across town from one another, I sensed that there was something off about Bryan. I didn't know what it was exactly, but I felt that there was something bothering him. Maybe being around a person for so long makes you have intuition about that person after a while. Right when I felt it, I texted him almost immediately asking if he was alright. Four minutes had passed and then I heard a text from him. I rapidly put in my passcode and then saw the text that made my heart burn for him to be fine. I don't want to talk about it now. I understood he didn't want to talk about it, but I wanted to know if I should be worried for his well-being. Sometimes Bryan can be hard to read and I need context to find out certain things. Two hours have passed and I've attempted to distract myself with whatever I could find, but nothing worked. One thing that has successfully come through to me was the text Bryan sent me, but this one hit me like a hundred red bricks: I think we need to break up. 

We sat on the fountain and looked at the stars. Under the moonlight; a place to call ours. Head on my shoulder and fingers intertwined. Please still say they're on your mind. 

A week after the previous event, Bryan asked me to come with him to downtown Los Angeles without an explanation. After a while of convincing myself, I decided to comply with his wishes and met up with him at the water fountain we both loved to visit whenever we could. He made me sit down next to him and we both looked up at the night sky and admired its beauty. At one point, Bryan put his head on my left shoulder and intertwined my fingers with his. The feeling of it made me feel alive compared to the last week, but it also felt a bit strange considering I haven't felt him in a while. I wanted to know what was going through his mind. Maybe he's thinking of the sweet memories we had. Maybe he's trying to find a little bit of love during a rough time. I wish I knew what he was thinking, but it's probably for the best that I don't know. 

A/N: Thank you guys so much for reading! I loved writing this imagine and the song is just so beautiful! If you enjoyed what you read, please hit the star button. Also, 11.6 K views? I never thought I'd make it here and it's just incredible how amazing you guys are for supporting this story. I seriously love you guys! Stay strong and stay beautiful, lovelies <3