Requested: Oxenfree Part 1

For elizabeth9595

"Alina, bring your step-brother with you," mom said sternly when she entered my room.

"Why should I?"

"Because he feels the same way you do. You would've known that if you'd just talk to him," mom argued. I didn't have time for this; my friends are going to be here soon. Besides, why should I bring a stranger along and expect him to enjoy his time there? He doesn't know anyone, and the last thing I want to do is make anyone uncomfortable one way or another. I pull a strand of hair and put it behind my right ear, while trying to double check I have everything.

Along with Kyle, Bryan, Alex, Shannon and Jeydon, we're going to a party at an abandoned island and rent a hotel by the island to get away from home. Lately, home life has been too stressful for me to handle: my mom recently got remarried and I received an annoying younger step-brother named Johnnie. On top of that, I'm still dealing with my brother Jordan's death a couple months back. He went to the beach a couple months ago for a friend's birthday party and ended up drinking a little too much and drowned. Since then, my mom started dating random men to keep her mind off of Jordan's death, and this is why I now have both a new step-brother and father. To get out of my thoughts, I picked up my duffle bag full of items and texted Johnnie to meet me in front of the house after he got everything packed. If I didn't invite him, mom would never let it go. 

After twenty minutes, Johnnie came down the stairs with an oversized cargo green duffle bag slung over his shoulder and wore a Ghost Town t-shirt, a jacket and skinny jeans for the trip. We both went outside to be greeted by friendly smiles from my friends.

"Alina! What's up?" Jeydon yelled along with the shouts from the rest of them. I just smiled and Johnnie followed behind. 

"Oh, who's this?" Kyle gestured towards Johnnie. 

"This is my new step-brother, Johnnie," I explained and they greeted him well. We got into the van and drove off towards Edwards Island. Throughout the drive, we shouted the lyrics to a bunch of songs from All Time Low to The Ready Set, "She said I love this song, I've heard it before and it stole my heart. I know every word she's gonna dance all night 'til it hurts singing the best song ever." Upon getting to the island, we scrambled out of the van and got our bags before getting on the last trolley of the day. The ride was alright, but once we got to the island, things began to pick up. We couldn't wait until the party started. 

"Hey Johnnie, do you even talk?" Shannon asked and waved a hand in front of his face, as we walked towards the area of the beach to meet up with our friends. Honestly, Johnnie hasn't talked at all since we got into the van and refused to talk at all costs. I felt bad, but at the same time, it was his decision - I can't force him to talk. We approached the spot to meet up with our friends, but no one was there. What the fuck? We looked around aimlessly to find sight of anyone we knew, but there was nothing but the shadows of the trees casted on the ground.

"Well, what do we do now?" Alex asked, while we struggled to answer. At this point, I just want to go home and relax while watching Netflix, but this wasn't going to happen, was it? We can't leave; the last trolley is gone. 

A/N: I decided to make this into a part one and two special, because I've never done this before. Hehe, until next time.