I'm lame.

AMBER'S P.O.V.

A cold wind blew in through the window and I sat up rubbing my eyes, dreading the day before me and the days that came after.

NARRATOR P.O.V.

Amber Woke up from another uneventful night. She rolled out of bed and got dressed ready to go to another boring day at a boring high school. She looked into the mirror at her 15-year-old self and frowned feeling self-conscious. She had never been as pretty as all the other girls, never as skinny, she never had the perfect dirty blonde, straight hair as all the popular girls did at school, but she worked with what she had. She had dark brown hair (but not dark enough to be mistaken as black, she typically didn't like girls with black hair), dark hazel eyes, and a great sense of humor. Amber knew she wasn't ever going to be the "Bell of the ball" with a small waist and a pretty face, but she still dreamed of mister right.

Amber rode the bus to school in silence listening to her music. Hiding from the harsh words of high schoolers. Her day at school was like any other until last period. During a long, boring lecture about the 1960's, her teacher turned on the projector and showed pictures of a small town. "This is what small towns looked like in the 1960's. With people divided up into groups based on their social statuses......" 

Amber zoned out after a while and started doodling in her notebook aimlessly. She put her first name in front of Josh Robert's last name and drew hearts and flowers around it. She was never one for cliches, but it was something to do. After a while of shading, and outlining, she was happy with her work and sat back to admire it. She stared at Josh Robert sitting three seats across and one row down from her. He was perfect in every way possible.  The phone rang and her history teacher went to answer it. "What's this?"

A high pitched girly voice rang from behind her. Amber turned in the direction of the voice to find Chelsey Stone leaning over her staring at the notebook paper. She reached her hand down and ripped the paper out. "Hey give it back!" Amber yelled snatching at the paper. 

Chelsey pulled it away and looked at it more carefully. Chelsey laughed and walked over to Josh. She placed the paper on his desk and looked back to Amber. "You're pathetic," she snarled.

Josh looked at the piece of paper and Amber buried her head in her hands. After a few seconds of silence, Amber lifted her head from the safety of her hands to find Josh still staring at the paper. "Who's Amber?" Josh asked

The classroom went up in laughter as the bell rang and Amber made a beeline for the door. Amber ran all the way home disregarding the bus altogether. Amber ran into her house seeing her most likely hungover mom passed out on the couch. Her dad had left her When Amber was six and since then her mom was an alcoholic. Amber had loved her dad so much, and her mother ruined all of that. Amber wanted to keep her father's last name "Stevens" But the court wouldn't let her because her mother had full custody. Ever since the divorce, her mother had been depressed, which led to the drinking. 

Amber ran up the stairs and jumped on her bed panting and sobbing. She was so done with the way her life was playing out. She always felt like her life was supposed to be something else, so much more, but she was stuck here, in this one. She was trapped in a life that wasn't meant for her. She felt like she could be so much more, and be so much happier, but her current circumstances restricted her from ever feeling the way she wanted. For the most part, Amber had a kind soul, she was funny, sympathetic, clever, and brave, so much unlike her mother.

Amber was beautiful but didn't think so. She felt alone because she wasn't very good at making friends, and felt like she never had anyone to talk to. She deserved a different life. She needed a different life. And the universe knew that. It knew that she was supposed to have a different life. And it was about to make up for that.

Amber cried until her eyes couldn't cry anymore. She could feel sleep slowly consume her as she gradually drifted away into a peaceful escape from a world she hated. 

Sorry for the short chapter! I promise they will get longer and in more detail,  I just really wanted to just get it started. Please comment throughout the story with your feedback and vote if you like the chapter! Hope you continue to read my story!

Stay Gold!