Fourth of July part 2

AMBER'S P.O.V.

Ponyboy spun me and we shared a laugh. The music was lively, and the dancing was.... Interesting. Greasers were not known to be very good dancers, and it was hallarious to watch. Everyone wanted to dance, because it looked,and was fun. Even if they couldn't dance, no one was judging because no one else was very good either. I held one of my hands in Pony's and my other on his shoulder. He had one of his hands in mine and the other on my waist. We quickly swayed back and forth, and pranced around the makeshift "dance floor".  As we went around, I saw Two-Bit, Steve, Debra, and Dixie sitting at a table and laughing. I also saw Darry and Dally drinking while talking to their girls. Johnny was dancing with Tori and occasionally, they would prance past us, or Tori would spin next to us. 

I looked around at the lit up lot. Then I saw Sodapop. He was drinking a beer and sitting at a table alone. I stopped dancing and jerked my head towards Soda. Pony nodded understandingly and went to join Two-Bit and them. "Haven't found a broad to court?" I asked walking up to him.

He lifted his head and smiled when he saw me coming. Then his face went back to sad and grim. "Not yet." He said in a hushed tone. 

"Awe dang Sodapop, you'll find someone soon." I chuckled as I patted him on the back.

He didn't perk up as I thought he would have. He looked so sad. It broke my heart. I needed to help my big brother. I looked for a way. Then I got an idea that just seems to work in the movies, but I hope the universe will make an exception. A pretty brunette was walking by. She had on a pale pink dress and a leather jacket. The pink dress indicated some class and self respect, and the leather jacket made it clear that she was a greaser. She looked like she was walking aimlessly, and like she was pretty nice. So I walked past her and "accidently" pushed her very hard. She gave out a small yelp and fell..... Straight into Sodapop's lap. "Hi-a." He said surprised. 

"Hey." She said with obvious blushing.

I looked the other way as if I wasn't paying attention, but I was looking over my shoulder. The girl sat up and introduced herself. I didn't quite get her name, but I could see them trading names and introductions. Once I saw them break into conversation. Soda turned to me subtly and winked. I winked back, and then started making my way back to Pony, wiping my hands together as a job well done. 

I was about to reach Pony and I could almost hear their conversation and laughter, when the loud sound of motors and yelling. Pony looked at me confused and we all turned our attention towards the road. A sense of fear swept over me as the scene unfolded. At least twelve Mustangs pulled up onto the grass and into the front part of the opening, blocking most escape routes. About three socs a car got out. Just by the way they got out of the car, you could tell they were all dead drunk.

The smile that had been glued to my face the whole night was now gone and replaced with fear and worry. The whole lot was silent and the music was now gone. "AYE!" Someone yelled from the crowd. He stepped forward out of the crowd and I could see it was Tim Shepard. "This ain't your party, go get wasted somewhere else!" He shouted towards the socs that now stood leaning up against their cars, still drinking from flasks and beer bottles. 

"We just wanted to see how the grease party was gonin' that's all." A guy stepped forward and spread his hands apart in explanation. 

I scanned the line of socs and recognized some of them. I remember some of them from us being jumped, or me being chased down the street. "Well you ain't welcome here!" I heard a familiar voice yell.

I turned my head quickly to see Dally stepping up next to Tim Shepard. "Yeah, get lost ya pricks!" Two-Bit joined Dally and Tim.

"You ain't wanted here scum." A blunt, yet still familiar voice said loudly.