That night...

A/N 

Hey guys, I know that the vid at the top has nothing to do with the story but I thought it was nice. Keep reading and stay gold! :)

AMBER'S P.O.V.

Me and Johnny approached the Dairy Queen anxiously. I was excited to meet the girl Dallas Winston had "Fallen in love" with. Johnny held the door open for me and and we walked into the busy restaurant. I looked around the seating area, to see Dally's big head from behind. He was sitting in a booth, with the lucky lady. I motioned johnny over and we walked towards the booth. I tapped Dally on the back of the head and looked at him before I looked at the girl. I wanted to know her name before I knew what she looked like. (That's how I remember faces.)

"Hey Dal'." I said casually. 

Johnny was standing behind me and I could tell from his silence that he was probably staring at the girl like a freak. "Amber!" He said excited and enthusiastically. "This is-"

His girl interrupted him. "Amber?" She asked like she recognized me.

I turned my head to look at this girl.  She had long dirty blonde hair that was straight until the ends, where it flipped up with little curls. She had bright, young, fun green eyes and a face full of freckles. She was very pretty and looked nice. She didn't look trashy, like most of the girls Dally tries to pick up. She wore a little bit of eye makeup, but not enough for it to stand out. Her lips were stained bright red and her cheeks looked naturally flushed and pink. I didn't recognize her, but her voice sounded familiar. "Do I know you?" I asked trying not to sound rude. 

"Oh," She said face palming herself. "You were in a freaking coma, of course you don't remember me. I was one of your nurses while you were asleep. Me and you boyfriend would talk." I liked the sound of someone calling Ponyboy my boyfriend. But that wasn't the point. I thought for a moment, and then it came back to me. She was the girl that asked Pony if we were together. I searched through my mind for her name.....

"Anaya Ferrari, right?" I asked pulling it out of my brain. 

She nodded eagerly. "Yeah!" 

I liked her, she was nice, smart, kind, and from what I remember, not trashy at all. She was a doctor for heaven's sake, she couldn't be that bad. Dally got up and sat next to Anaya as me and Johnny sat down on the opposite side of the booth. The waiter came and put down four cokes and some straws.

------------------------------------------

Me and Johnny stayed and talked to them for about a hour before we left. We talked about Anaya's internship and about me getting a job and Steve flirting with Dixie, and just anything that really came to mind. Then me and Johnny left and Dally said he was gonna take Anaya to the drive-in for a late movie. So while they went to the drive-in, me and Johnny walked to the park.

"She seems nice." Johnny said as we walked the now dark streets of Tulsa. 

"Yeah." I agreed.

We walked silently down the street past the lamp posts and the bus stop. It wasn't a awkward silence, it was that there was nothing to be said. I looked up at the sky and watched the stars as we walked. The moon was bright and full.