What flavor is Johnnycake?

AMBER'S P.O.V.

My eyes fluttered open and I woke up. I reached over and felt the other side of the bed. It was empty. I pulled the blankets off of me and sat in my own sorrow. I put my knees up to my face and sat my head on top. He left me. And he had good reason to. I chose Ponyboy. Johnny didn't come to check on me. He came last night to get an answer. And I subconsciously gave him one. I chose Pony. Unintentionally, a tear fell down my face, landing on my knee.

I quickly wiped my face as I heard footsteps approach the door. I saw the door fly open and Pony ran in. "Amber!" He held as he jumped on the bed as he did the first night I was here.

He tackled me in a hug and I fell back. He laughed and I couldn't help but giggle. He rolled off to his side and propped his head up with his palm trying to mock a model. I chuckled "Don't you think I could land a job at vogue?" He asked playfully.

"I don't know, take off your shirt and I'll give you a definite answer."

"Until I have a ring on my finger you're not seein' nothing." He said wagging his finger and using his highest and girliest voice.

I laughed and pushed him off the bed. He fell and let out a very high pitched scream, like a little girl. That made me laugh even more. "You're cute." I said still laughing.

"You're cuter." He exclaimed popping up from the other side of the bed with a goofy smile.

I stood up from the bed. "Do you have to go to work today?" Pony asked slipping off his shirt but unfortunately facing the dresser.

"Nope," I answered. "I get the day off because I stayed late last night."

Pony smiled big as he pulled on a blue flannel. "I get the day off too cause' I worked overnight. Looks like we get to spend a day together."

I turned and smiled as I ran up to him and hugged him from behind as he buttoned his flannel. "Can you just never button the rest of your buttons." I said as he finished buttoning the first button on the bottom.

"Can you just walk around town with no pants on?" He said contradictorily and playful.

"No...." I muttered still clinging to him from behind

"Then my shirt will be buttoned." He said matter of factly.

I grabbed his hands. "Not if I have anything to do with it!" I yelled as I made an attempt to unbutton the only one that was buttoned.

He struggled and laughed as me a him wrestled. Finally I got the button undone and I stood with my hands on my hips. "Ha!" I laughed with satisfaction.

His bare chest was visible and his button up was barely hanging off his shoulders. "Is this what you wanted?!" He chuckled.

I nodded contently. Slowly Pony's smile faded and he approached me swiftly. He wrapped his arms around my waist and leaned in. He froze for a moment before his lips touched mine. He ran his fingers up my back and then through my hair giving me chills and make me smile into the kiss. I held my hands on his back and I felt his flannel accidentally fall of his shoulders and on to the ground. But..... During a kiss like this, I don't think stopping, picking up your shirt, putting it back on, then continue is romantic. I needed air. I tried stepping back, but Pony followed me, keeping his lips attached to mine. I giggled. I kept trying to back up, but Pony was very consistent.

Trying to step back, I bumped into the wall. My back was pressed up against the wall and Pony put his hands on the wall, one on each side of me. The kiss continued just like that until Pony moved his hands to my hips. Unexpectedly, the door on the other side of the room swung open. Pony didn't seem to notice, but I did. I opened my eyes to see Two-Bit standing there like a jackass with his mouth hung open. I pushed Pony away, but him not getting the message, tried to lean back in. I cleared my throat loudly and fakely and then Pony turned around to the door. "Two-Bit y-"