The light at the end of the tunnel.

AMBER'S P.O.V.

TOMORROW WE PULL THE PLUG?!?!?!?! WHAT THE HELL DOES THAT MEAN? I'M ALIVE! I'M RIGHT HERE! YOU CAN'T LET ME DIE, YOU CAN'T KILL ME!

I was freaking out and so was Pony I could hear his breathing get heavy and him start to mumble. Suddenly moment before Ponyboy punched the doctor, I felt like I was having a panic attack. But it was incredibly painful. I heard the beeping machine speed up and the two of them stop arguing. I saw a light. Like what some people describe as "the light at the end of the tunnel". Out of all my days of darkness, I saw a light.

PONYBOY'S P.O.V.

I was about to pounce on the doctor when Amber's heart machine started going crazy. We both stood there in shock for a second and then the doctor sprung into action and rushed over to her. He was checking charts and machines and using his stethoscope. I was frozen. I couldn't move, just like when she collapsed at Kimberly's house. No! Not again. I broke out of my trance and ran to her side and held her hand. "Move and shut up kid!" The doctor yelled.

I stayed next to Amber ignoring him. "Nurse!" He called. "Nurse!"

Tears clouded my vision for a few seconds before they fell out of my eyes. Suddenly the machine sounded one long beep. Just like in my dream. 

"No!" I yelled "Amber wake up!" I yelled.

The doctor started doing CPR on her. It looked like he was hurting her and out of instinct it punched him. "Move!" I yelled. Tears fell out of my eyes and I sobbed. All I could hear was the long beep. "No! No! No! No! You are not dying, you are going to stay with me Amber Peterson so help me god I love you!"

AMBER'S P.O.V.  

The light got brighter as I felt more at peace. There was peaceful silence until a voice that I vaguely recognized boomed into my head. "I love you! Don't die you can't leave me!" The voice pleaded. I know I heard that voice before, I just couldn't remember when...

"Amber please don't leave me here alone! Please don't make me bury another person I love don't make me do it!" The voice yelled. Even though I didn't recognize the voice, I felt like I wanted to help him. I wanted to remember who it was. I couldn't remember anything. All I knew is that someone didn't want me to go to that light ahead. For some reason I felt an urging reason to stay away from the light, to live. The voice continued to plead. "Amber, please we love you, I love you! If you can't find the will to stay for me, stay for Sodapop, your loving brother, or Darry, your overprotective friend, or Two-Bit, the guy who introduced me to you, or Steve, the guy who has had a crush on you since day one! Or goddamn it do it for Johnny! Do it for me Amber! Wake up for me!"

Then it all rushed back to me like a wave. The gang, Tulsa, Sodapop, Two-Bit, Steve, Darry, Johnny, Dallas and Pony. They were my reason to live. So I fought. I fought to stay alive, to stay with Pony and Soda, and Steve and Two-Bit and Johnny and Darry and Dallas. Soda had told me that so many people loved me in so many ways, and in that moment I decided I loved them too, and I was gonna fight like hell to stay with them. I saw the light get smaller and I fought harder, I was fading and getting tired. I just wanted it to be over. But I could feel Pony laying on my stomach crying, and I loved him, I couldn't leave him, not like that. I just had to move something. If I moved something, then I let him know I was there. But I could hear my surroundings, and to my surprise, I heard a flat line.

I was dead. I was legally dead. I wanted to give up so badly, but I wouldn't. And ya know why? Because over these past few weeks, people have told me that I'm one hell-of-a person. Apparently I'm a smart, kind, sweet, perty, caring, beautiful, tuff, kick-ass greaser, and I was gonna stay that way if I had to walk through hell and back!