Bad situations

AMBER'S P.O.V.

It's been three days since the night of the date. Each day, I've done something for Pony to "repay" him for that amazing night. 

First day: Breakfast in bed and snuggling

Second day: We went to lunch (On me) and a movie

Third day (last night): I made me and him a big fancy dinner while the rest of the gang was out, and we sat on the couch the whole night in each other's arms, watching old movies.

It was pretty awesome actually that I pulled all of these things off because I worked at the creamery every one of those days full time, from nine to eleven. I had to pull a few strings, but I got everything done. Tomorrow is fourth of July and the greaser party. Pony asked me last night and now, we both laid asleep on the couch we watched movies all night on. 

The light that poured into the window on to my face wasn't the thing that woke me up. Two-Bit did. He stormed in the door announcing. "Tonight, my friends, is the pre-fourth of July party!" He yelled causing me to open my eyes suddenly.

I felt Pony jerk awake next to me also. "Two-Bit, do you mind not announcing that when we are sleeping maybe?"  I asked sitting up.

"But if I don't do it so you'll remember it, then you guys won't listen." He wined switching on the T.V.

I slowly stood up and cracked my back by putting both hands on my back and leaning back. Pony sat up from the couch and rubbed his eyes. I sat back down and pecked Pony on the cheek. "Mornin' sunshine." I said.

"Mornin'" He mumbled sleepily. "You got work today?" He asked yawning.

"Nope, the day is all clear." I answered.

Pony gave me a warm smile. "I got you all to myself then." He said engulfing me in a tight hug.

I gave out a few fake gasps signaling that I couldn't breath and he let go chuckling. Suddenly there was a knock at the door. I looked at Pony with that "I'm not getting it" look and he gave in. He sighed and got up from the couch. I couldn't see the door from where I was sitting, but I didn't think much of whoever was at the door. Until I heard Pony adress him.

"Johnny...." He said surprised. I quickly stood up from the couch and walked to the front door. Sure enough, standing there, in the doorway, was Johnny Cade, bloody, bruised and crying.

JOHNNY'S P.O.V.

Two hours earlier..

I sat on the front porch of my house watching the cars drive by. My parents were fighting about something and I didn't like being in the house when they were. It was real early, but they started fighting over something that came in yesterdays mail. A bill or somethin'. I didn't keep track of the days that went by since I was standing on those tracks, but I knew it wasn't long enough for Pony to forgive me. And for Amber, I don't think she will ever forgive me. She loved Pony, then I kissed her and made her choose between me and Pony. It wasn't fair. Then when she didn't pick me, which she had a right to do, I tried to kill myself. Which they conveniently witnesses. I shouldn't have done any of that, and now I think I lost my best friend and the girl I loved. I don't even know how I feel about Amber. I mean I still love her, but I know I can't ever have her. It makes me feel sad and angry and powerless. I never wanted something as bad as I wanted Amber. I just need to find something that I want more. But I don't think that's possible.