Fourth of July part 1

A/N

Sorry about the slow update, this chapter took a lot of work to complete. We, unfortunately, are coming close to the end of The Outsiders: and the girl from the future's actual story, I think Fourth of July part 2 will be the last story line chapter, but I will make a few follow up chapters if you guys keep voting and commenting on the story. (I might do a chapter after Fourth of July part 2, depends on how well everything gets wrapped up... I think I'm going to keep writing Outsiders FF, so follow me to keep up with my next story. If you have any suggestions on what the next FF should be about, just comment and I will give you credit if I pick yours. I might even write a sequel to this book if you guys want. Maybe I'll make it about how they all grow up or something.... But anyways, comment, vote, read, ILYGSM!

Stay gold.

AMBER'S P.O.V.

I thought about the person Johnny had introduced me to yesterday. Tori Peterson. I mean I guess that Peterson is a very common last name, but what are the chances of me meeting someone from my family? The last name Peterson comes from my mom's side, and when my parent's got divorced, I had to take Peterson. When I was little before my dad left my mom, and before she became a raging alcoholic, my mother was a pleasant person, and she told me when I got married, to keep the last name Peterson, because that is what my grandmother did, and that is what my aunt did. She decided not to because she like my dad's last name, but instantly regretted not keeping the name Peterson. That was all she ever told me about my family on her side. I never even met any of them besides my aunt. So I guess there is a possibility that Tori could be related to me. She does kind of have my same look. 

I rolled over in bed towards Pony who was still fast asleep. I glanced at the clock to see what time it was. It was nine. The sweet scent of breakfast food filled the air and brought a smile to my face. I asked Dixie if I could skip out on work today because of it being fourth of July and she said it was alright. I slowly stood up trying not to wake up Pony, but I never succeeded when trying to do that. He was always so good about waking up at the same time as me. "Morning sweetheart." He said muffled into his pillow.

"Mornin'." I replied.

"Smells like Soda's cookin'" He said sitting up in the bed.

"Why Soda?" I asked.

"Because Soda always makes breakfast on holidays, makin' something new and weird every time. One time he even made green pancakes!" Pony got up from the bed and pulled off his shirt, replacing it with a red and white muscle t-shirt. 

I walked to the door. "Can't wait to see what he made this time," I said anxiously.

"You gonna get dressed sunshine?" He asked following me to the door.

"No," I said looking down at y oversized t-shirt, shorts, and slippers. "All the girls are gonna get together today and doll each other up for the party." 

I opened the door and the full aroma of the breakfast food filled my nose and made me and Pony both take a step back. We both laughed knowing that it was, in fact, Sodapop cooking, and then made our way down the stairs. When we entered the kitchen, the whole gang was there, and their girlfriends. Anaya was sitting on Dally's lap in a kitchen chair and they were laughing and talking to the rest of the gang. Dixie was there to my surprise, and not at the parlor. She was sitting next to Steve and they were also in the conversation. Johnny and Tori sat in the corner talking and laughing by themselves, and Darry was talking to some girl that I assumed to be his bosses daughter that Pony had talked about earlier. I looked over to see Debra and Two-Bit eating what looked like red and white pancakes. Soda was at the stove alone flipping pancakes.