Gone

PONY'S P.O.V

I was just walking and talking with Amber holding her hand when I fell a hard pain in my head. The object hit me so hard that I grunted and fell to the ground.  I was falling in and out of consciousness and colorful circles danced in my vision. But through all my pain, I was only thinking about Amber. I heard her turn around, but I had my eyes closed so I couldn't see her pretty face. Then I heard a loud thump..... I wanted to stay awake. For Amber. But the pain overthrew what I wanted. The last thing I heard before I passed out was Amber groaning and the sound of her being dragged away. My heart broke.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My head pounded and I heard voices around me. I laid on the ground motionless in my own self-pity before I felt a sharp kick to the stomach. It didn't hurt too bad, but it was surprising and it knocked the wind out of me. I opened my eyes to find myself still on the ground of the alleyway, surrounded by obviously drunk socs. Great.

I sat up rubbing my temples. "Hey greaser, ya alive?" One of them yelled followed by hiccups that filled the air with the scent of liquor.

I looked around in a panic. Where was Amber? I turned left and right looking for her. I started to hyperventilate and breathing became difficult. (The prominent kick to the stomach didn't help very much....) It was darker... How long had I been out? Where was Amber? Someone took her!

"Who ya lookin' for? Your dirty greaser gang, or your dirty, greaser girlfriend?!" Another yelled.

The circle of socs. laughed and they seemed to be enclosing and making the circle smaller as if to trap their soon-to-be prey. My fear and worry for not only me, but Amber numbed the pain. Even though my current injuries didn't make me in pain, I knew if those socs. got a hold of me..... No worry could numb that pain.

"I ain't lookin' for no fight," I said standing up. It was dark and I couldn't see their drunken faces. The only light came a street light on the edge of the ally.

"We know you ain't lookin' for a fight grease! But we are!"

A tall guy with a fist full of rings stepped forward from the shadows. I was scared, not the usual getting jumped by socs scared, I was afraid for my life scared. Like Johnny. I remembered seeing Johnny all beat and cut up after he got jumped that one time. Boy, that's what made me scared. Endin' up like ol' Johnny. Not beat up I mean, I could take a few punches... But scared of his own shadow, and everything under the sun.

The tall guy started to circle me, sizing me up, probably figuring out the best way to cut me to ribbons with his $78 switchblade while not getting blood on his expensive red flannel jacket. I wanted to run, I would if I could, and I could outrun all of them, but they had me surrounded. I looked from the barrier of people back to the guy. He had no expression on his face, no emotion in his eyes. The doing of alcohol. 

Darry tells me not to drink, and for the most part, I listen. Beer makes me sick sometimes and just liquor, in general, makes me do crazy things then black out. Dally is almost always drunk when he does stupid stuff to get em' in the cooler, so Soda stays away for the sake of not gettin' in any trouble and getting us thrown in a boys home. Soda doesn't need it anyways... I wish I was Soda. Soda didn't need alcohol to have a good time, but the socs that were surrounding me did.

Suddenly the guy charged at me knocking me to the ground. On the ground, I punched him in the nose, then he pinned my arms down with his knees. I kicked my feet to try and do any damage to my opponent, but nothing was working. I wasn't really at my peak performance because even while getting beat, I was only thinking of Amber.