Average height, dark, and handsome

AMBER'S P.O.V.

I walked down a street looking at all the little shops and restaurants. I walked past a movie theater just as a movie was letting out. I tried my best to navigate through all the people, but just when I thought I got out of the crowd, I bumped into a tall, skinny, pretty girl. "I'm sorry," I said hoping that was the end of it.

"Watch where you're going fatty." She said stopping in front of me. I looked at the ground as her and her group of Barbie doll friends laughed. "You must be new to the town, I think I would have remembered seeing a pig walking around." The girl said like a classic mean girl.

My face turned red and I clenched my teeth. Maybe people were just the same mean as they were where I came from. Maybe I don't want to start over here. Just as I was going over places in my mind I could run away to instead of this place, a voice like an angle shouted out.  "Hey, Sylvia, why don't you go back to the dirt hole you came from!" the voice rang from behind me. 

I turned to see a boy who looked about 14. He had dark eyes and dark hair. He was very attractive. The boy looked shy though, so why would he come to my defense?

"Oh Johnny, being the freak of your gang becomes you." The girl I now knew as "Sylvia" said.

"And being the slut of your group becomes you." The boy I now knew as "Johnny" fought back.

Sylvia stood there with her mouth hung open while her group of Barbie dolls now stood silent. With some of my regained confidence I threw the final punch. "Close your mouth honey, or bugs will fly in."

Johnny laughed out loud and put his arm around me. Together, we both walked through the wall of good looking girls. When we got a good distance away he took his arm off me and I stopped. "Hey, thanks for doing that, ya didn't have to ya know," I said admiring his dark curls made messy with hair grease. 

"I know, I just didn't like 'em pickin' on you is all. That girl back there was Sylvia. A guy in my gang used to date her, but then she up 'en cheated on him while he was in jail." Johnny said looking at the ground shyly.

"Sounds like she is as mean as she looks," I said.

"Meaner." He replied. We both laughed and continued walking. "I've never seen you around here before, are you new?" Johnny asked.

"I guess you could say that," I had to make up a fake backstory quick. "My parents both died in a car wreck and I just needed to get out of my town, so I caught a train here."

There was a silence for a few moments while Johnny nodded combing over my story. "My names Amber Peterson by the way," I said holding my hand out.

"Johnny Cade" He took my hand and shook it.

. "You got family here?" Johnny questioned.

"Nope, just me."

Johnny turned towards me. "So you got no place to stay?"

I looked at my shoes a little embarrassed. "I guess I don't."

We started walking again and it looked like Johnny was thinking. "I know just who to talk to!" Johnny said excitedly.