Tulsa? Tulsa where?

AMBER'S P.O.V.

My eyes fluttered open due to an uncomfortable pain in my back. I sat up and discovered why I felt a discomfort in my back. I was laying on a bench! I looked around at the small town around me. It looked straight out of the pictures I saw in history class. That class seemed like forever ago, though.  Where the hell am I? I thought. I stood up and went up to the first kind-looking person I saw. It was a lady pushing an old looking stroller. "Excuse me ma'am, but where am I?" 

The woman looked at me with a moment's hesitation then replied with a sweet voice, "Why you're in Tulsa." 

"Like Tulsa, Oklahoma?" I asked, probably sounding crazy to her.

"the very one." She furrowed her eyebrows with a hint of concern.

"How the hell did I get to Tulsa?" I whispered to myself. "What day is it today if you don't mind me asking?"

"Tuesday, June 8th. Do you need some help hunny?" The lady asked.

I looked around at the town around me. It looked like a theme park devoted to looking like it was from the 50s or something. "Gees, you think now, in the 21st century, people would renovate this town to make it look a little up to date," I mumbled. 

"20th century."

"Hm?"

"We're in the 20th-century Darlin', and I think our town looks quite up to date." 

My mind raced, and I tried to figure out how I could've made a mistake. It was definitely the 21st century. I took another look at the shops that were cluttered with old fashion signs. The drug store across the street had one sign in particular that stood out. It said that milk was only 95 cents. My breath got caught in my throat and only then did I notice the woman's odd clothes that looked right out of my history textbook. "Ma'am, what year is it?"

"1965. Are you sure you're feeling okay? I could take you to a very nice doctor."

I shook my head in panic and a little disbelief "No, no, I just forgot." I said. And I started walking aimlessly down the street, away from the woman who was mumbling something about the public education system these days. But as she vowed never to let her child go to public school, I hatched a plan in my mind.

This is my chance to start over, I thought. I don't know how I got here, but I'm here, and I don't really want to go back. So it was settled. I wasn't going to look for a way back. And finally, here, I could start over.